High school students ...
Start your future NOW with
Dual credit courses at MC
Are you a high school student and want to get a jump on a college education? Dual Credit courses are a great way to get college credit at a reasonable price while you are still in high school.
What are dual credit courses?
These are college courses taken by high school students for which students earn both college and high school credit at the same time. The courses have been agreed upon between the school district and Midland College.
- Dual credit courses may be taught on the college campus, on the high school campus, online, via interactive television or through a combination of methods.
- Academic dual-credit courses are fully transferable to public colleges and universities and most private institutions.
- The dual-credit program at MC is designed for high school students at high schools with signed dual credit agreements with Midland College.
There are five steps involved in taking dual credit classes through Midland College, and each of these steps has its own page, with more information about that part of the process:
What kinds of courses are available?
Academic Transfer Courses
These courses fulfill baccalaureate degree requirements at all Texas public college and universities and most private and out-of-state institutions of higher education. Subjects may vary from school district to school district and can include:
MC offers career/technical programs that provide practical job skills and lead to a two-year associate of applied science degree or shorter-term technical certificate. Various certificate programs do not require assessment testing. Career/technical courses are geared toward workforce needs and may not transfer to four-year universities. These courses include:
- Automotive Technology
- Collision and Body Repair
- Computer Graphics Technology
- Diesel Technology
- Energy Technology
- Information Technology
- Welding Technology
DUAL CREDIT COURSES are college courses taken by a high school student for which the student earns both college and high school credit at the same time. For more information, you may contact MC at: