Regular Fall & Spring semesters
Students of all majors are welcome to meetings and events.
Alternate Fridays @ 12 noon
Room 220 of Fox Science Building 1
Students from the Midland College chapter of the American Chemical Society participated in the Student Leadership Institute organized by MC on February 1, 2020.
Jasmine Pryor, Khait Sarapao and Jonathan Markgraff participated in the whole-day event. There were speakers from the community, including Midland Mayor Patrick Payton. The sessions were very informative and engaging.
Each year, in celebration of National Chemistry Week (NCW), MC Chemistry Club students and faculty advisors host a hands-on outreach event at Midland Park Mall.
NCW is a public awareness campaign that promotes the value of chemistry in everyday life. American Chemistry Society members and chemistry enthusiasts celebrate NCW by coordinating events and communicating the importance of chemistry.
MC Chemistry Club students visited Pritchard Analytical Laboratories, which specializes in Natural Gas Analysis and Crude Oil Analysis.
In November 2020, the Chemistry Club partnered with Keep Midland Beautiful for Texas Recycles Day, a campaign aimed towards education and awareness about the benefits of waste reduction and recycling. The event is held each year on the Midland College main campus.
American Chemical Society
As a non-profit scientific organization with more than 140 years’ experience, we are a champion for chemistry, its practitioners and our global community of members.
Founded in 1876 and chartered by the U.S. Congress, we are one of the world’s largest scientific organizations with more than 155,000 members in 150 countries. Our mission is to advance the broader chemistry enterprise and its practitioners for the benefit of Earth and its people. Our vision is to improve people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry.
What We Do
- We’re recognized as a leading publisher of authoritative scientific information. Our 65+ peer-reviewed journals are ranked the “most-trusted, most-cited and most-read.”
- We empower our members to advance chemistry, elevate their career potential, expand their networks, inspire future generations, collaborate globally and build communities that provide scientific solutions.
- We provide broader networks that facilitate connections and open doors in a way no other professional organization can match!
- Passion for Chemistry and the Global Chemistry Enterprise
- Focus on Members
- Professionalism, Safety, and Ethics
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Respect
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.