Fire Science Technology
Fire Academy Prerequisites
- High School Graduate
- 18 years of age
- Interview with the Department Chair
To schedule an interview with the department chair, contact Mark Kuhn at firstname.lastname@example.org or (432) 685-6757.
Associate of Applied Science
No prerequisites required.
Certified Firefighters are eligible for the degree program, and will be credited 27 hours (first two semesters) for their certificate.
To apply for any MC Scholarship through AcademicWorks:
1. APPLY at https://midland.academicworks.com
2. Confirm the link sent to your email and complete application
3. Check your MC student email for notifications of award
4. Accept award & write your electronic thank you letter to the donor
*Already receiving a scholarship? Don't forget to update your application each semester! You will receive an email when it is time to do so.
- Course work: 40% classroom, 60% hands-on
- Excellent classroom facilities
- 2-fire trucks
- Use of Midland Fire Dept Harris Training Field
- Knowledgeable instruction staff comprised of firefighters from area fire departments
- Numerous joint activities with area fire departments
- Excellent pass rates on Texas Commission on Fire Protection certification exam
The Fire Science Technology Program at Midland College prepares students for careers in the fire service field with municipal fire departments, insurance inspection agencies, industrial safety firms, the U.S. Forest Service, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of personnel currently employed in fire service positions and those desiring preparation for employment
Why study Fire Science Technology at MC?
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.