- Currently attending and pursuing a degree at another college or university?
- Interested in taking just a few classes at Midland College and then transferring those credits back to your home college or university?
- Needing college courses at a reduced cost compared to a university?
- Wanting convenient scheduling options? We offer:
- Standard 16 week fall and spring semesters
- Two 8 week flex sessions that take place within the fall and spring semesters
- Two 2.5 week mini semesters, one during December and one in May
- Two 6 week summer sessions
Text: (432) 251-3826
Application & Registration Steps
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year "Apply Texas" application
- Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall or Spring.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 2 business days for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
If you are a Veteran or a dependent using benefits, contact the VA Coordinator Office
to apply benefits to your MC tuition, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (432) 685-4511.
- Transient students are required to provide an official transcript from current college/university and copies of transcripts from every Texas public institution college or university previously attended.
- Continued enrollment is contingent on receipt of official transcripts.
- Transcripts should be sent electronically, institution to institution, via EDI or SPEEDE if those services are available.
- Students attending classes at Texas public institutions should request the Texas Success Initiative Status be included in the transcript.
Failure to provide all official transcripts by the end of the 15th class day of the term will result in a HOLD on your account. Students will not be able to register for additional classes, see their grades, or receive their official Midland College transcript until all official transcripts have been received and processed.
For details regarding specific transcript/score information, refer to the Catalog & Student Handbook
FAXED/SCANNED/COPY-AND-PASTED TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOT CONSIDERED OFFICIAL
MAIL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS TO:
Midland College Records Office
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, Texas 79705
EMAIL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS TO:
Contact the Records Office at (432) 685-6427 or email@example.com
Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI assessment test scores or proof of exemption prior to enrolling.
- In most cases, Transient students in Texas have already addressed the TSI requirement
at their home institution. Please request that your institution include your TSI information
on your transcript (if the institution is a Texas public college or university).
- Students who are from a private or out-of-state college or university may meet the
TSI requirement if the student has earned college-level coursework in English (equivalent
to ENGL1301 or 1302) or any college-level Math.
- Visit our TSI Information page for more information.
Students taking online classes only do not need to submit meningitis documentation. They will receive a notification that there is a warning on their account, acknowledge the message, and continue to add the class. The warning keeps students from registering for on-MC campus classes.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction. If the student is 17 years or younger, the form must be signed by a parent/guardian.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
- Steps 1-Apply and 2-Submit Transcripts MUST be completed BEFORE you can register for
- Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal.
- Talk with your university advisor to be certain which courses will satisfy your degree
- Students taking online classes only do not need to submit meningitis documentation.
They will receive a notification that there is a hold on their account, acknowledge
the message, and continue to add the class. The hold keeps students from registering
for on-MC campus classes.
- If trying to enroll in a class that requires a prerequisite you may have fulfilled,
complete the online form, Prerequisite Help Request, and an Advisor will manually review your transcripts and enroll you in the course.
Please allow up to 2 business days for review.
Ways to Register
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > Select the "Registration" heading > Click “Add/Drop Courses”
Note: Clicking on the course name will take you directly to the bookstore and the books required for that course. Clicking on the instructor’s name will open up your default computer email program where you may contact your instructor(s) with any course-specific questions you may have.
- Online Enrollment Assistance with Transient Advisor
need your STUDENT ID (my mc portal username)?
Select the 5th option on the Update/Request Student Information form
Alert: Financial Aid is not available for transient students
PAYING YOUR BALANCE
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- MC does not take payments via phone
- A credit card or bank account number is required in order to enroll in the payment plan
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes
Contact the Cashier’s Office at (432) 685-4531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Account Creation
MC Student Email accounts are created 1-4 days after completing the MC application.
It may take longer if the college is closed for holidays.
For your email address, password, and link to account, visit the Student Email page.
Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up with your MC email account for quick, easy access.