- Currently attending and pursuing a degree at another college or university?
- Interested in taking just a few classes at Midland College and then transferring those credits back to your home college or university?
- Needing college courses at a reduced cost compared to a university?
- Wanting convenient scheduling options? We offer:
- Standard 16 week fall and spring semesters
- Two 8 week flex sessions that take place within the fall and spring semesters
- Two 2.5 week interim sessions, one during winter break, and one just after spring
- Two 6 week summer sessions
Application and Registration Steps
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year application
Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for fall, spring, interim or summer sessions.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 3-5 working days for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
Contact Enrollment Services at (432) 685-4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Veteran or a dependent using benefits, contact the VA Coordinator Office
to apply benefits to your MC tuition, email@example.com, or call (432) 685-4511.
High School transcripts are not necessary for transient students.
Regardless of the semester you choose, the applications listed will work for fall, spring, interim or summer sessions.
Submit official transcripts from ALL institutions of Higher Education that you have previously attended and/or are currently attending. Students attending classes at Texas public institutions, be sure to request the TSI status is included in the transcript.
Official Transcripts can be sent to:
Midland College Registrar
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, Texas 79705
- Official transcripts are the academic record from another institution that bears the Registrar’s signature, college seal, and produced on the authorized paper or electronic format.
- Official transcripts should be sent directly to Midland College from the other institution where you attended previously.
- If you decide to bring the document to the college, the official transcript must remain sealed in the institution’s envelope.
- Transcripts that have been opened, or emailed from your personal email account, are not considered official and will not be accepted as official.
- To view official transcripts received by Midland College, please log into to My MC Portal and choose "Registration Options" and click on "Transcript Tracking". Transcripts
received by Midland College will appear in green.
FAXED/SCANNED/COPY AND PASTED TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOT CONSIDERED OFFICIAL
Failure to provide all official transcripts by the end of the 15th class day of the
term will result in a HOLD on your account.
You will not be able to register for additional classes, see your grades, or receive your official Midland College transcript until all official transcripts have been received and processed.
Questions about transcripts?
Contact the Registrar’s Office at 432-685-4513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI assessment test scores or proof of exemption prior to enrolling.
- In most cases, Transient students in Texas have already addressed the TSI requirement
at their home institution. Please request that your institution include your TSI information
on your transcript (if the institution is a Texas public college or university).
- Students who are from a private or out-of-state college or university may meet the
TSI requirement if the student has earned college-level coursework in English (equivalent
to ENGL1301 or 1302) or any college-level Math.
- Visit our TSI Information page for more information.
Students taking online classes only do not need to submit meningitis documentation. They will receive a notification that there is a hold on their account, acknowledge the message, and continue to add the class. The hold keeps students from registering for on-MC campus classes.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
- Steps 1-Apply and 2-Submit Transcripts MUST be completed BEFORE you can register for
- Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal.
- Talk with your university advisor to be certain which courses will satisfy your degree
- Students taking online classes only do not need to submit meningitis documentation.
They will receive a notification that there is a hold on their account, acknowledge
the message, and continue to add the class. The hold keeps students from registering
for on-MC campus classes.
- If trying to enroll in a class that requires a prerequisite you may have fulfilled,
complete the online form, Prerequisite Help Request, and an Advisor will manually review your transcripts and enroll you in the course.
Please allow up to 2 business days for review.
Ways to Register
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > Select the "Registration" heading > Click “Add/Drop Courses”
Note: Clicking on the course name will take you directly to the bookstore and the books required for that course. Clicking on the instructor’s name will open up your default computer email program where you may contact your instructor(s) with any course-specific questions you may have.
- Online Enrollment Assistance with Transient Advisor
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If still unable to retrieve your ID and PIN, or if you have questions, complete and submit the following form:
Alert: Financial Aid is not available for transient students
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes Contact the Cashier’s Office at 432-685-4531 or email@example.com
PAYING YOUR BALANCE
QUESTIONS ABOUT PAYMENT?
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes
Contact the Cashier’s Office at 432-685-4531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
MC students, your email address is as follows:
First letter of first name + first three letters of last name + last three numbers of your MC Student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu
Midland College Student ID (no dashes) PLEASE NOTE: Once you log into your account the first time, that password will expire. It must be changed before closing the page or signing off or you will be locked out of your account.
Example: John Doe, student ID number 123004567 (no dashes)
User ID: email@example.com
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It will take 2 to 3 business days for your email account to be created AFTER the first time you register for a class at Midland College.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use it as your primary email account for personal use.
- Your Login ID is your ENTIRE student email address (include @mail.midland.edu).
- Virtual College of Texas (VCT) students DO NOT have a Midland College email account.
- If you do not know your student ID, please go to My MC Portal and select the "Forgot Student ID" link.
- Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up to receive your MC email account for quick, easy access.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use that as your permanent and primary email account for personal use.