- currently working toward your high school diploma?
- not attending a school or ISD with a dual credit agreement with Midland College?
- wanting to take academic transfer or career ready courses for college credit?
Application & Registration Steps
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year "Apply Texas" application
- Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall or Spring.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 2 business days for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
TSI TESTING REQUIREMENT FOR REGISTRATION
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful
in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college
or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet
college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI Assessment test scores
or proof of exemption or waiver prior to enrolling.
Not all students need to take the TSI Assessment. Previous academics, certificate seeking, military service, and other tests may exempt you. Detailed information on these exemptions and TSI assessment are located on the TSI Information & Requirements page.
An agreement form is required each year for enrollment in Midland College as an Early Admission student. Early admission students have not graduated from high school and are taking classes that may or may not count as dual credit. Courses being used for high school credit should be approved by the high school administration.
Early Admission Form (choose home school)
Permission Form Questions?
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Midland College requires new students to attend orientation. It is held the week before
Fall classes begin and focuses on the need to know information for the first week of
New Student Orientation
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction. If the student is 17 years or younger, the form must be signed by a parent/guardian.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Contact your advisor directly
Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment.
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses."
NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If you do not remember your MC ID, complete the following form:
Check Admission Status & Upload Requirements
To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application.
- It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
- The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.
PAYING YOUR BALANCE
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- MC does not take payments via phone
- A credit card or bank account number is required in order to enroll in the payment plan
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes
Contact the Cashier’s Office at (432) 685-4531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Account Creation
MC Student Email accounts are created 1-4 days after completing the MC application.
It may take longer if the college is closed for holidays.
For your email address, password, and link to account, visit the Student Email page.
Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up with your MC email account for quick, easy access.
Midland College has many programs and options for our students. If you are investigating the opportunities we offer, our Welcome Center is the perfect place to receive general information.