Human ResourcesWorkforce Continuing Education
Whether you are ready to pursue certification or looking to advance your foundational HR knowledge, we have the programs to meet your needs.
Fully online courses designed to accommodate busy professionals seeking to educate themselves about HR on their own schedules, at times convenient for them. Courses consist of expert instruction from an HR Attorney and SHRM-SCP® certified instructor-utilizing videos, webinars and SHRM Learning System® materials.
All you need for these courses is a computer, internet access and the desire to learn.
Click links below for details
Backed by the Society for Human Resource Management’s track record of providing quality HR training, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course covers the topics you need to meet key HR challenges that are relevant to you and your company. In less than 20 hours of training time, you can cover the issues you need to reduce the risk of potentially costly lawsuits.
The SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course can help companies increase HR knowledge that is critical to overall business success. This program:
- Reduces the company’s risk of potential high-cost litigation.
- Promotes a consistent understanding of the HR function to non-Human Resources.
- Offers professional development for divisional or departmental supervisors to ensure HR compliance.
- Develops a common dictionary of HR terms for the entire organization.
- Enhances the importance of the HR function within the company.
- Offers online and in-person opportunities.
SUmmer Dates 2023
- Class Dates: June 6 - July 11
Registration Deadline: May 30
Fall Dates 2023
- Class Dates: September 12 - October 17
Registration Deadline: September 5
- Class Dates: November 7 - December 12
Registration Deadline: October 31
- HRPO1000: 17 hours 1.7 CEUs
- Cost: $875; Out-of-state participants add $5 to course fee
- Online 6 weeks course
- Minimum of 4 students required for class
SUMMER DATES 2023
Class Dates: June 9, 8:30 am – 5 pm
Registration Deadline: June 2
- HRPO1000: 8 hours 0.8 CEUs
- Cost: $550
- Minimum of 5 students required for class
- Lunch provided to participants
HR Competencies, Employment Law, Recruiting, Benefits & Compensation, Learning & Development
- Define yourself as an HR leader with SHRM certification. Earn and prove your knowledge, competency and value to colleagues and to employers looking for a competitive edge in today’s global economy.
- Designed for examination preparation for the SHRM certification exams, a professional distinction of SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) or SHRM
- Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) is global recognition of HR expertise and leadership.
- This course is best suited for mid-level to senior level experienced HR practitioners seeking the highest level of knowledge and skills in HR through certification by the national organization.
Fall 2023 Dates
- Class Dates: September 19 - November 7
Registration Deadline: September 12
- Class Dates: November 14, 2023 - January 9, 2024
Registration Deadline: November 7
- Covers HR Competencies and Employment Law
- HRPO2030: 35 hours, 3.5 CEUs
- Online 12-week course
- Cost: $1,349; Out-of-state participants add $5 to course fee
This program is not offered in person at this time.
Contact Debra Campbell
Midland College Workforce Continuing Education is dedicated to training and developing our local workforce to meet the needs of our unique and ever-changing regional economy. Our mission is to foster economic growth by providing quality lifelong education and professional development opportunities that keep our workforce on the cutting edge of industry.
MC Workforce CE Office
Monday - Friday
8 am to 5 pm
Cogdell Learning Center
201 W. Florida Avenue
Midland, TX 79701
Building Floor Plan (pdf)