Massage Therapy is a rewarding career with flexibility to work in settings such as medical offices, sports clinics, day spas, or a home business!
Why Massage Therapy at MC?
Class times allow students to work:
Tuesday & Thursday, 6 - 9 pm
Some weekends, 8 am - 5 pm
January 10, 2023, Class is now full
Let us know if you are interested in future classes!
Join Our Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Copy of Driver’s License or photo ID
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of current CPR card
- Copy of Drug Screen (student's responsibility)
- Pass Criminal Background Check - no cost
- Meningitis (under 22 years of age)
- (TB) test (negative)-must be within last 1 year
- Influenza (flu) vaccine
Enrollment Packets available
Health Sciences Continuing Education
Advanced Technology Center
3200 W. Cuthbert
Needed to begin
- 2 sets of black scrubs
- Closed-toe shoes (walking or running)
- Two sets, twin sheets/pillow cases
- One lightweight blanket
- One pillow
- Two bath towels
- Four hand towels
Massage tables, chairs, lotions and other supplies will be provided. If you choose
to purchase a personal massage table, it is recommended to wait until after class
The Midland College Bookstore carries all textbook and laminate sheets. Students must have bound-books, no electronic textbooks.
- Trail Guide, 6th edition and Student workbook
- Trail Guide to Movement, the 2nd edition
- Applied Anatomy and Physiology for the Manual Therapist, textbook and study and review Guide by Pat Archer and Lisa Nelson
- Mosby's Pathology, 4th edition by Susan Salvo
- Massage Therapy Principles and Practice, by Susan G. Salvo
Scholarships available for qualified applicants. Applications may be picked up in the department office. In addition to the application, proof of household income and a one-page essay expressing financial need must be submitted.
- Health & Hygiene
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Massage Therapy Fundamentals I
- Massage Therapy Fundamentals II
- Business Practices & Ethics
- Internship in Clinical Setting
Lead Massage Therapy Instructor
Kristen Benton LMT, LMTI
As a Massage Therapy Student, expect
- Classes on Tuesdays & Thursdays, 6pm - 9pm
and some Saturdays, 8am - 5 pm
- Stay with the same group of students through the program
- 10 hours/week outside of class study time to be successful
- 500 hours of classroom instruction over 11 months
- Clinical hours to practice on real people and perfect techniques
- Internship - 50 hours of hands-on clinical experience to demonstrate competency in massage technique and business management
Upon Successful Completion of the program
- Eligible to take the licensing exam (MBLeX)
- Pass the exam and apply for a license to practice as a massage therapist
Licensed Massage Therapy Opportunities
- Day Spa, Physical Therapy Clinic, Chiropractor's Office, Sport's Medicine, Physical Fitness Gym, etc.
- Begin your own business and set your own hours - totally flexible!
Help clients manage stress, bring comfort and wellness.
- Enroll at Midland College to get your Business degree and improve your Massage Therapy business!