If you answered YES to any of the above, then these procedures for applying to Midland College and registering for classes are for you!


Once applications are processed, an Admission Advisor will be assigned to assist each student with registration requirements (Meningitis, TSI, transcripts, orientation). Admission Advisors can answer general questions about programs and assist with any questions you may have before being assigned an advisor. To find contact information for your Admission Advisor, login to My MC Portal and check your account or email

Upload Military Documents

Once you apply and receive an acceptance letter, documents may be submitted to MC's Military Resource Center by completing the Military Documents Upload Form.

Military Documents Upload Form
Military Resource Center

Scharbauer Student Center (SSC)
Room 133
(432) 685-4511


Application & Registration Steps

Apply to MC by completing the 2-year "Apply Texas" application


  • Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall or Spring.
  • Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
  • Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
  • Include your social security number in both your profile and application. 
    Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
  • Allow 2 business days for MC to process your application.
  • Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.

Application Questions?


Active Duty Military

New student admission, follow steps above. All active duty personnel must provide a proof of letter statement and Leave Earning Statement (LES) to the Military Resource Center.


An active service member in the United States Armed Forces may be readmitted to Midland College under the same academic status as held while attending Midland College if:

  • The maximum period for which a student may be excused shall be no more than 25% (twenty-five percent) of the total number of class meetings (not including the final examination period) for the specific course or courses in which the student is currently enrolled at the beginning of the period of active military service.
  • The student is not able to attend Midland College due to a military obligation for seventy-five percent 75% of the course. The student will be dropped and refunded the full amount of tuition and fees.  Students who re-enroll within two consecutive long semesters will be readmitted at the same academic status. 

If it has been at least two consecutive long semesters (Fall, Spring) since last attending Midland College the student must reapply

MC Catalog - Admission, Assessment, Advising & Registration Page

Apply For VA Benefits

Student entitlement is based on VA regulations. The number of semester credit hours the student is enrolled in determines the monthly payment. Although Midland College works to ensure that VA regulations are satisfied, the college has no authority to make judgments regarding benefit status. Only the VA determines the eligibility of individuals for veterans’ education benefits and issues payment of benefits. If the VA finds a problem with any certification paperwork, the Regional Processing Office (RPO) will report the problem in writing to the student. It is the responsibility of the student to respond to any letter received from the RPO.

Access the VA Benefits website and complete the online application:

VA Website: How to Apply for the GI Bill & Related Benefits


In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), Midland College adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA.

Midland College will not:

  • Prevent the student’s enrollment;
  • Assess a late penalty fee to the student;
  • Require the student to secure alternative or additional funding;
  • Deny the student access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.

However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:

  • Produce the VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) by the first day of class;
  • Provide a written request to be certified;
  • Provide additional information needed to properly certify the enrollment as described in other institutional policies. 

CHAPTER 1606, 30, and 33

Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)

The MGIB-SR program provides education and training benefits to eligible members of the Selected Reserve. Eligibility for this program is determined by the Selected Reserve components, and VA makes the payment. The Muskogee Regional Office will need a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)

Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB-AD)

The MGIB-AD program provides education benefits to Veterans and Service Members who have a least two years of active duty. Veterans who placed $1,200 into education while on active duty, may change to Chapter 33, but CANNOT CHANGE ONCE ELECTED.

May transfer benefit to dependent before discharge from active duty.  (Transfer of Eligibility)

Chapter 33 - Post-9/11 GI Bill

Veterans who served after 9/11/01 and Chapter 30 who have exhausted their benefit may be eligible for an additional 12 months under Chapter 33, but CANNOT CHANGE ONCE ELECTED.

May transfer benefit to dependent before discharged from active duty. (Transfer of Eligibility)

Veterans Affairs (VA) Pay Rates for Post-9/11 GI Bill, Post-9/11 GI Bill Pay Rates & Rate of Pursuit

Under the Post-9/11 GI Bill, eligible students may receive payment for their Tuition and Fees, Book Stipend, and Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA). This webpage outlines the current pay rates released by the Department of Veterans Affairs for each of these benefits under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.

        • Rates are subject to change
        • 2020-2021 rates are effective August 1, 2020
        • All rates based on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

Helpful Links:

Forms to Complete for Chapter 1606, 30, and 33:

  • 22-1990 – Initial Application
  • 22-1995 – Change Place of Training


  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • DD-214 Member 4: Online access to DD-214
  • Military Transcripts
  • Transcripts from all previously attended institutions 

Submit Required Documents

Military Documents Upload Form


Chapter 35 - DEA (Dependent Education Assistance)

  • Dependents of disabled veterans or veterans killed in service
  • 100% permanently disabled veterans (spouse or child)
  • Hazlewood if eligible


  • 22-5490 Initial Request
  • 22-5495 Change Place of Training


  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • Transcripts from all previously attended institutions


Military Documents Upload Form


Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness and Employment

The Veteran Readiness and Employment program helps Service members and Veterans with service-connected disabilities prepare for, find, and maintain suitable careers. If training is appropriate, VA may pay tuition, fees, books, equipment, tools, or other supplies you need to succeed in your program. During the program, Veterans may qualify for a monthly subsistence allowance to help meet living expenses. For approval, submit the application and contact the Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (see contact info, below).


  • 28-1905 from Chapter 31 Counselor


  • Veteran Readiness Employment Program Waiver
  • DD-214 Member 4
  • Military Transcript
  • Transcripts from all previously attended institutions


Military Documents Upload Form

Melvin Rand
Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor
Department of Veterans Affairs
1150 Estates Dr, Suite B
Abilene, TX 79602
(325) 677-1503
(325) 676-0122 Fax

Hazlewood Exemption - State of Texas Benefit

  • Veteran must have entered into active duty, or home of record, in the state of Texas. 
  • For more information about Hazlewood, visit the Texas Veterans Commission website.

Texas Veterans Commission - Hazlewood


Questions regarding monthly housing allowance?

Additional Information for Military Students @ MC

For questions about the Military Resource Center at MC, course certification, your payment, add/drops/withdrawals, change of address, etc., visit the Important Information for Military Students page by clicking the link below.

Important Information for Military Students

Military Resource Center

Scharbauer Student Center (SSC)
Room 225
(432) 685-4511


Midland College requires new students to attend orientation. It is held the week before Fall classes begin and focuses on the need to know information for the first week of class. 

New Student Orientation

Orientation Questions?



To access your transcript, login to the Joint Services Transcript website with your CAC or register for a JST account. Request to have your official transcript sent to Midland College. Your unofficial transcript can also be printed.

Joint Services Transcript


To access your Air Force transcript, visit the AF Portal, and request to have your official transcript sent to Midland College.

  • Login using your CAC/ECA
  • Under Self Service, click “CCAF View Progress Report”
  • In the “Transcripts” drop down, click “Order  a Transcript”)
  • Mail-in transcript request form available at:


Official, sealed transcripts from all institutions attended must be sent to Midland College. Visit the institution's website, navigate to the transcript page, and request to send to MC. If you have an official, sealed copy, take directly to the MC Records office, located in the Scharbauer Student Center.


Students who are unable to obtain transcript(s) from a prior institution due to closure, never attended, or withdrew prior to census date may provide one of the following for verification of no enrollment: enrollment verification letter from prior institution Registrar’s showing no enrollment, letter from Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board stating no enrollment records due to closure, or letter from another state’s Department of Education stating no enrollment records due to closure.

Mail ALL Official transcripts to:

Midland College Records
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, TX  79705

Requirements for each enrollment period

MC VA Benefits Agreement Form is required for each enrollment period for the following benefits:

  • Chapter 1606 - Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve

  • Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill

  • Chapter 31 - Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)

  • Chapter 33 – Post 9/11 GI Bill

  • Chapter 35 - Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)

VA Benefits Agreement Form

For Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill

Both a MC Certification Request AND a Veteran Payment Agreement are required for each enrollment period.

Click the links below to access the forms.

Financial Aid

Veterans are not required to apply for Financial Aid, but may qualify for grants, especially if they are not working. Our financial aid office is here to assist you in applying and finding assistance.

Visit the the Midland College Financial Aid web page for more information.

MC Financial Aid


Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal

FAFSA Requirement

The student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.

If the student's FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student needs to complete the FAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete the general scholarship application.

FAFSA Information

How to Apply

  1. Complete current year FAFSA or TASFA applications
  2. Register for 6+ credit hours towards a degree or certification
  3. Minimum GPA of 2.50 or higher each semester

For additional scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships page.

General Scholarships


Payment Questions?

Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal


  1. Contact your advisor directly
    Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment. 

  2. Online through My MC Portal
    Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses." 

NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.


On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If you do not remember your MC ID, complete the following form:

Check Admission Status & Upload Requirements


To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application. 

  • It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
  • The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.

Accommodation Services

Registration Questions?


Email Account Creation

MC Student Email accounts are created 1-4 days after completing the MC application. It may take longer if the college is closed for holidays.

For your email address, password, and link to account, visit the Student Email page.

Student Email

Stay Connected!

Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up with your MC email account for quick, easy access.

Admissions and placement requirements for veteran students are above.




Midland College has many programs and options for our students. If you are investigating the opportunities we offer, our Welcome Center is the perfect place to receive general information.