Al G. Langford Chaparral Center
Located on the main campus of Midland College, the Al G. Langford Chaparral Center is a multipurpose facility with a seating capacity of 5,500. It is one of the busiest venues in West Texas, and accommodates a diversity of events.
The facility is the home of Midland College Volleyball and Basketball as well as Midland ISD Basketball teams.
Each year, it is the site of graduation ceremonies for both Midland College and area high schools.
To provide a safer environment for the public and to significantly expedite guest entry, Midland College has implemented a policy limiting the size and type of bags that may be brought into special event gathering spaces. Exceptions to this policy will be made for all medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Guests may bring 1 bag/person:
- Clear: plastic, vinyl, or PVC
- Not to exceed 12x6 or one-gallon freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Bag must not have any features obstructing/concealing visibility of bag contents
- Medical Needs/Personal Care
- Bags may be opaque and carried inside clear bag; not to exceed 4x6
- All bags are subject to screening/security check
If a prohibited item is discovered, the guest must throw the prohibited item in the trash or return the item to their vehicle for entry into the venue. Midland College reserve the right to prohibit additional items not listed that may cause risk, harm, or injury to others.
- Pursuant to Section 30.06 Penal Code, and in accordance with Midland College’s policy on the possession, use, or display of firearms on campus, particularly in exclusionary zones, concealed and open carry of any weapon or firearm is strictly prohibited.
- The possession, distribution, and consumption of alcohol, drugs and other controlled substances is strictly prohibited on Midland College premises
- Guests without shoes or shirts
- Wallet chains or spikes
- Objects that can be used as projectiles
- Laser pointers
- Strollers and Car Seats
- Tobacco Products
- Vapor Products/E-Cigarettes
- Unsealed water bottles, open cans/containers
- Professional recording devices and equipment ie cameras with lenses larger than 4”, tripods, monopods, etc.
- Pets or other animals, except service animals are prohibited
- Service animal as defined by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) are welcome.
For the purposes of this event, emotional support, comfort or companion animals, are
not considered service animals.
- Service animals must remain on a leash or harness, and under control of the owner at all times
- A guest whose service animal poses a threat to the safety of other venue guests and employees may be asked to escort the animal off the premises
- Food or beverages not provided by authorized event vendors
- Exceptions will be made for individuals with medical requirements/needs
- Service animal as defined by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) are welcome. For the purposes of this event, emotional support, comfort or companion animals, are not considered service animals.
Guests found in violation of the listed areas will be escorted from the venue. Midland College reserves the right to prohibit additional behaviors not listed that may cause risk, harm, or injury to others.
- Unauthorized access or entry to backstage areas or areas designated as restricted
- Photography, filming, or audio recording of performers/performances intended for commercial use
- Dissemination of unauthorized pamphlets, handouts, ads, or flyers inside the venue
- Unauthorized selling of merchandise
MIDLAND COLLEGE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONFISCATE ANY PROHIBITED ITEMS AND/OR ESCORT THE GUEST FROM THE VENUE. PLEASE NOTE, THIS LIST IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Chaparral Center hosts the Phyllis & Bob Cowan Performing Arts Series as well as the Davidson Distinguished Lecture series offered by Midland College.
The arena has hosted a variety of touring concerts including Alan Jackson and Reba McEntire, as well as the Harlem Globetrotters.
Numerous trade shows and job/career fairs have frequented the facility, as close to 100 vendors may fill the arena floor.
Video showcasing various set-ups
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.