Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) is the international honor society for two year colleges. Typically, 300 Midland College students meet the eligibility requirements (3.5 GPA & minimum 12 hours towards an associate’s degree) each semester. Students are encouraged to accept invitation for membership, because a student who feels like they belong, stays long and is more likely to finish strong!
An Induction Ceremony is held annually each spring.
Membership in PTK is by invitation to qualified applicants
For more information about Phi Theta Kappa, visit their website:
Phi Theta Kappa
If you have a 3.5 GPA in 12 or more college hours and you have not received an invitation to join, please contact one of the advisors listed above.
Vice President of Scholarship
Vice President of Leadership
Vice President of Service
Vice President of Fellowship
The purpose of Phi Theta Kappa shall be to recognize and encourage scholarship among two-year college students. To achieve this purpose, Phi Theta Kappa shall provide opportunity for the development of leadership and service, for an intellectual climate for exchange of ideas and ideals, for lively fellowship for scholars, and for stimulation of interest in continuing academic excellence.
Member Benefits honor you as a scholar and distinguish you as the best of the best among your peers
- Golden Key Membership Pin
- Membership Certificate
- ID Card
- Recognition during your college induction ceremony
- Press release announcing your academic achievement
- Letters of recommendation
- The opportunity to wear Phi Theta Kappa commencement regalia during college graduation and other official ceremonies
- Official seal of Phi Theta Kappa placed on your college diploma
- Notation of membership on your college transcript
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.