Applications and all documents must be submitted at least 7 days before the first class day.
Complete the 2-year "Apply Texas" application
HELPFUL Tips for completing the application
Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall or Spring Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
Profile & Application
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay
the processing of your application. If you do not have a SSN, complete the form at
the provided link:
SSN Update Form
Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided
in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder!
All transient international students must submit the following documents:
- Copies of all three pages of their I-20
- The visa page of their passport
- The passport page of their passport
- Copy of I-94
- A letter from the International Office at their current college/university giving permission to take the class
Submit/upload all required documents via the International Document Upload Form:
International Document Upload Form
Submit official transcripts from schools previously attended, which includes all high school and colleges attended. All transcripts from non-US schools must be evaluated by one of the member agencies at www.naces.org/members.
It is the student’s responsibility to submit the information to the evaluator and pay the required fee. Midland College will not consider the evaluation official or transfer credit unless the evaluated transcript has been received directly from the evaluation agency.
College/University transcripts must be evaluated via the comprehensive or course-by-course option.
TSI (Placement) testing requirement for registration
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement, and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI Assessment test scores or proof of exemption or waiver prior to enrolling.
Not all students need to take the TSI Assessment. Previous academics, military service, and other tests may exempt you. Detailed information on these exemptions and TSI assessment are located on the TSI Information & Requirements page.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction. If the student is 17 years or younger, the form must be signed by a parent/guardian.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
SEXUAL ASSAULT POLICY ORIENTATION
Texas Education Code requires that Midland College provide each entering freshman or transfer student an orientation on the institution's campus sexual assault policy. Midland College provides this orientation in a web format. Please select the link below to complete this registration requirement. Students that do not complete the orientation will not be able to register for classes.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Midland College requires new students to attend orientation. It is held the week before
Fall classes begin and focuses on the need to know information for the first week of
New Student Orientation
Once approved by the U.S. Government to study at MC, here are the Registration Steps:
Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Contact your advisor directly
Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment.
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses."
NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If you do not remember your MC ID, complete the following form:
To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application.
- It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
- The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.
PAYING YOUR BALANCE
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- MC does not take payments via phone
- A credit card or bank account number is required in order to enroll in the payment plan
- Students on an F-1 visa pay out-of-state tuition in most cases
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes
Contact the Cashier’s Office at (432) 685-4531 or email@example.com
MC Email Account Details
- It may take 2 to 3 business days for your email account to be created after completing enrollment requirements.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use it as your primary email account for personal use.
- Your Login ID is your ENTIRE student email address (include @mail.midland.edu).
- Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up to receive your MC email account
for quick, easy access.
First Time Login Notice
You are strongly encouraged to change your password after the first time you login. Passwords must be a minimum of 9 characters.
MC students, your email address is as follows:
First letter of first name + first three letters of last name + last three numbers of your MC Student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu
If you have a 9-digit Student ID, your password is your MC Student ID
Example: John Doe, student ID number 123004567 (no dashes)
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com
If you have a 5-digit Student ID, your password is four zeros + your MC Student ID
Example: John Doe, student ID number 12345 (no dashes)
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com
Email the Midland College IT Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure to include your name, MC Student ID, and detailed description of the problem.
Contact Enrollment Services at (432) 685-4501 or email@example.com