Dual Credit Student
- currently a high school student?
- wanting to get a jump on a college education at a reasonable price?
Dual Credit may be for you!
What are dual credit courses?
Dual credit courses enable students to earn high school and college credit simultaneously. The courses have been agreed upon between the school district and Midland College.
- Dual credit courses may be taught on the college campus, on the high school campus, online, via interactive television or through a combination of those methods.
- Academic dual credit courses are fully transferable to public colleges and universities and most private institutions. Students are encouraged to work with a Pathways Advisor at Midland College to ensure that their dual credit courses will count toward their future degree.
- Career and Technical dual credit courses allow students to earn college level certifications while in high school that can lead to immediate job opportunities. Students can also continue their training at Midland College upon high school graduation.
Application & Registration Steps
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year application
Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for fall, spring, interim or summer sessions.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 3-5 working days for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
Contact Enrollment Services at (432) 685-4501 or email@example.com
Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
A program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI assessment test scores or proof of exemption prior to enrolling.
For Dual Credit Students taking Career and Technical Courses only, TSI will not be required.
For Students taking any Academic (transfer) Courses, the TSI is required.TSI Information & Requirements
Dual Credit students taking classes at their high school are not required to submit documentation of meningitis vaccination. Dual Credit students taking classes at the Advanced Technology Center (ATC) or any other Midland College campus must submit documentation of meningitis vaccination.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
An agreement form is required each year for enrollment in Midland College's Dual Credit
Program. The form can be completed/submitted online, or in person. Please check with
your high school counselor on how your school prefers to submit the form.
Midland High School
For students enrolling online through the MY MC portal
- Once all your paperwork is submitted you will be able to enroll online.
- Know your MC student ID and PIN from your acceptance email.
- Select your school and the course you need.
For students enrolling with a Midland College Advisor or Liaison - in person/by phone or email
- Notify the assigned MC dual credit contact for your school that you are ready to enroll. You can find your contact's information by selecting your school's mascot below or checking with your high school counselor.
For MISD Career and Technical course
- The MISD CTE Director and Counselor will work with MC to enroll students in both the MISD class and the MC course.
Note to all dual credit students
- Each semester, students must register for dual credit courses. (There is a difference in being in a high school class and registering for the dual credit portion of the class.)
- This is a college course and students will be generating college grades on a college transcript. These grades will follow you to other schools and jobs.
- If you choose to not continue in the dual credit class, you must make sure to drop (withdraw) from the College, as well as, the high school.
Most dual credit students will pay at least a portion of their tuition and fees. Failure to make the required payment will result in being dropped from the college course. You would do all the work, and not receive the College credit.
There are a few dual credit programs that do not require student payment. These are small in number and students should check with their high school counselor and Midland College to confirm. Please assume that you will need to pay at least a portion of your tuition and fees until you receive confirmation that your balance is zero.
MC students, your email address is as follows:
First letter of first name + first three letters of last name + last three numbers of your MC Student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu
Midland College Student ID (no dashes) PLEASE NOTE: Once you log into your account the first time, that password will expire. It must be changed before closing the page or signing off or you will be locked out of your account.
Example: John Doe, student ID number 123004567 (no dashes)
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com
- It will take 2 to 3 business days for your email account to be created AFTER the first time you register for a class at Midland College.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use it as your primary email account for personal use.
- Your Login ID is your ENTIRE student email address (include @mail.midland.edu).
- Virtual College of Texas (VCT) students DO NOT have a Midland College email account.
- If you do not know your student ID, please go to My MC Portal and select the "Forgot Student ID" link.
- Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up to receive your MC email account for quick, easy access.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use that as your permanent and primary email account for personal use.
Dual Credit Offerings by SchoolChoose your school logo to see the courses offered