The Cosmetology Program at Midland College offers students the ability to be licensed within a year.
Midland College is certified by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations as a cosmetology training provider. The curriculum is designed to prepare students for successful completion of the Texas Cosmetology Operator licensure examination.
Each year, the Midland College Cosmetology Program contributes to the Midland community through haircuts for needy children, contributions to Breast Cancer Awareness through pink hair extensions, and other outreach activities.
With our on-site salon environment, students receive hands-on training while serving members of the community.
Click Links Below For Details
- Students must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Students must take reading assessment to enter course
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
The student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.
If the student's FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
needs to complete the FAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete
the general scholarship application.
How to Apply
- Complete current year FAFSA or TASFA applications
- Register for 6+ credit hours towards a degree or certification
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 or higher each semester
For additional scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships page.
- Hair show demonstrators
- Advisors for cosmetic surgeons
- Make-up artists for theater, television and movies
- Cosmetic Company representative
- Entrepreneur and run your own salon
- John Frieda - salon owner, stylist, product company
- Sally Hershberger- trend setter, salon owner in LA and NYC
- Vidal Sassoon - British hairdresser, credited for the "bob" hairstyle, product company
- Christine Dolce - aka "ForBidden" internet icon on MySpace, model, fashion brand owner
- Angus Mitchell - son of Paul Mitchell, artist, salon owner, stylist
- Classes are Monday - Thursday, from 8 am to 5 pm
- No part-time or online classes available
- Expect lecture and lab on current styling, cutting, and chemical techniques
- Opportunities to demonstrate techniques on clients on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as we are open to the public for services
Visit the course catalog for the most complete and up-to-date information.
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Why study Cosmetology at MC?
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.