Spring 2021 Commencement
Friday, May 7, 2021
honoring graduating classes
10 Tickets per Graduate
Each graduate will receive 10 tickets for guests. They may be picked up with regalia.
Graduates will be contacted soon with details about pickup!
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the venue with one of the clear plastic bags.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
- See illustration below:
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
Purses larger than a clutch bag, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, diaper bags, binocular cases and camera bags.
Non-approved seat cushions and seatbacks include large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers. Seat cushions and seatbacks must be 16” or less in width with no armrests.
How many bags can each person bring into the venue?
Each ticketed guest can carry one large clear bag — either a one-gallon Ziploc-style bag or the 12” by 6” by 12” clear bag — plus a small clutch purse (4.5” x 6.5”). The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and also is easily searched.
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Guests carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be asked to return them to their vehicles.
Are all purses prohibited?
No. Small clutch purses, with or without a handle or strap, are permitted along with either the 12” by 6” by 12” clear tote bag or one-gallon freezer bag. This should enable guests to carry the same items they have in previous years and expedite entry into the venue.
- 6:45 p.m. – Staff assisting with Graduation be at stadium. Note: Staff who will be on the field should wear black pants (no shorts), a black or white shirt/blouse and COMFORTABLE shoes.
- 7:15 p.m. – Graduates be at stadium.
- 7:30 p.m. – Board, Administrators and Faculty be at stadium
Face coverings required.
Students will go to seating in graduate seating section. MC Advisors and Scholarship department staff will assist graduates with seating and name card distribution.
- Dr. Thomas leads Board from Green Room to Stage. (Golf carts will be provided from Green Room to field.)
- Admin Council members lead faculty from staging area. They process on either side of graduate seating from back to front and sit in Faculty Seating area.
|Left Side||Right Side|
|Dr. Damon Kennedy||Dr. Deana Savage|
|Julia Vickery||Shawn Shreves|
|Fabian Hinojos||Rick Bender|
|Michael Dixon||Dr. Jennifer Myers|
|Social/Behavioral Science/Business||Applied Technology|
- Faculty ushers assist with seating.
Exit / Recessional
- Dr. Thomas will lead Board off stage and back to Green Room.
- Admin Council members will then lead faculty beginning at front to Faculty Staging Area – assisted by Faculty Ushers. (Faculty who rent regalia will return regalia at staging area.)
- After faculty have left the field, MC Dean of Students and three other designees will lead students off the field and up the stairs in the bleacher area. Students will exit from the front and back on two sides. Bleacher areas where students will exit will be roped off—no one will be allowed to sit in this area.
Time to Graduate?
Students are encouraged to apply for graduation the semester before they plan to graduate. Having the requirements checked, allows students to finalize their course selection before the last semester. However, if students miss this window, they may apply early in the semester in which they will graduate. Posted deadlines can be found in the academic calendar.
How to Apply
- Sign into the My MC Portal
- Select the "Students" tab
- On the left side of the Students page, in the left-hand navigation, click on "Transcripts and Forms"
- On the right side of the "Transcripts and Forms" page, in the "Student Forms" section, select "Graduation Application"
Students who will complete requirements for their program should apply as soon as possible but no later than the end of the term requirements will be completed.
Send an email to email@example.com
What is the difference?
It is important that candidates and families understand the difference between "participating in the graduation ceremony” (walking across the stage) and "graduating” (receiving a diploma).
Midland College traditionally holds a Graduation Ceremony each May. Students who graduate In December, May, July or August are invited to participate in the ceremony as long as they have met the following requirements:
- Have 6 or less semester credit hours remaining for graduation
- Met TSI requirements and has a 2.0 Cumulative GPA at MC
Students are considered “Graduated” once all degree/certificate requirements are met. Diplomas should be ready 3-4 weeks after the last day of the spring semester and will be mailed to your permanent address unless an alternate address was provided on the graduation application.
DID YOU KNOW?
Students who graduate from Midland College and plan to pursue a bachelor degree at a four-year public university in Texas, may be eligible for a Graduating Sophomore Scholarship.