Student Success CoursesPREP & EDUC
1 hour (1-1)
This college success course is designed for students who are non-traditional, TSI exempt, fall below 2.0, have a change in major/undecided major, and those who are late to register.
Implemented in an 8-week format, students will cover modules including:
- College Knowledge
- Assessing Strengths
- Motivation & Goals
- Career Insights
- Plans for Completion
- Building Resilience & Well-Being
- Reaching their Destination
Basic College Study Skills
Goals of this class include:
- Equip students with tools to adjust to college life and specifically to Midland College
- Introduce students to resources that aid in their educational and extracurricular pursuits
- Exposure to study skills and life skills that provide an opportunity to learn strategies to cope with the demands of higher education
- Explore a variety of careers that fit their needs and abilities.
Note: This course is not for college credit but is mandatory for students who fail two or more sections on their TSI exam.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.