Perkins Resources

The Career & Transfer Center provides resource services, funded by the Carl D. Perkins Federal Grant, to Career Technical Education (CTE) students. 

The grant provides assistance to students who have demonstrated financial need and are in career and technical education programs. The purpose of the program is to help qualified students overcome obstacles in fully completing their education.


Special Population Categories

  • Homeless
  • Single parent/single pregnant individual
  • Economically disadvantaged
  • Unemployed
  • Has a disability
  • A youth in or aged-out of foster care system
  • A youth whose parent is in the U.S. military and on active duty
  • English learners
  • An individual preparing for a non-traditional field for their gender

MC Perkins Grant Assistance Application


Assistance Provided

Click links below for details

Assistance for Commuter Students - Option 1


  • Completed the MC Perkins Grant Assistance Application

  • Class Schedule demonstrating a Career-Technical-Education (CTE) major, full-time enrollment (at least 12 hours), current home address (must live outside Midland County to qualify), 75% of the courses are on the main campus

  • GPA, at least 2.0
  • Financial Aid Award Letter - Pell Grant or government assistance cards (WIC, TANF, DARS, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Other), or Special Populations categories must qualify for one or more

  • Eligible students will receive a monthly allowance of $200.00/monthly for their commute from county to county (contingent upon funding availability).


Contact Workforce Solutions @ (800) 245-9028 For:

  • a list of surrounding cities with Workforce Solutions commuter bus route service
  • a list of pickup and drop off times and locations
  • bus ticket information

Textbook Check-Out for Eligible Students

  • Complete the MC Perkins Grant Assistance Application
  • Financial Aid Award Letter (Pell Grant) or Government Assistance cards (WIC, TANF, DARS, Medicaid, Food Stamps, Foster Youth, Veteran Education Benefits)
  • Current Class Schedule, demonstrating a Career & Technical Education (CTE) major

Perkins Laptop Loan Program

The Military & Special Populations Resource Center has a limited number of laptops to loan to eligible students in Career & Technical Education programs.


Contact Louise Powell
(432) 685-5524



Jeremy Martinez

Director of Military, Resource & Special Populations
Scharbauer Student Center
Room 132

Louise Powell

Perkins & Special Populations Specialist
Scharbauer Student Center
Room 131
(432) 685-5524

Apply to MC Now

Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.

How to Apply