Texas A&M-Concho Engineering Academy
The Texas Workforce Commission expects, "25% growth in Engineering jobs statewide in the next decade."
- Smaller student-faculty ratios in math and science courses, which build the foundation in engineering.
- Substantial financial savings!
Engineering students in the Engineering Academy program are charged tuition and fees by the institution through which each course is registered. Texas A&M coursework is registered in absentia which allows for a reduction in fees for services not used by students enrolled in a course conducted away from the Texas A&M campus in College Station.
- Automatic admission to the first choice engineering major at the end of the second semester for engineering
students who earn a minimum 3.75 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) at both Midland
College and Texas A&M and who complete the required coursework.
- Participation in all student services, student activities, student organizations, etc., and to the fullest extent possible at both institutions.
New & Current MC Students are Eligible
NEW/FIRST TIME IN COLLEGE STUDENTS Submit:
CURRENT/RETURNING COLLEGE STUDENTS Submit:
Midland College will provide pre-qualified students the Texas A&M-Concho Engineering Academy application. Students should submit the Texas A&M Engineering Academy application and all supporting credentials to the Texas A&M Office of Admissions by June 30. Completed applications produce early acceptance decisions.
ACADEMY PARTICIPANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING
- Attend a mandatory Academy orientation at MC.
- Meet the Texas A&M College of Engineering Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 total credit hours each fall and spring semester; including the required cohort math, science, and engineering courses.
- Do not exceed the summer school limit.
- Be aware that withdrawing from courses at either TAMU-CS or MC may affect current and future enrollment in the academy. Prior to withdrawing Academy participants are strongly encouraged to talk with their pathways advisor and the MC Academy Coordinator.
- Work with your pathways advisor and the MC Academy Coordinator to enroll in courses appropriate for your preferred major at TAMU-CS and plan course schedules to ensure completion of the Program in a timely manner (see the MC Academy Coordinator for more information on the timely completion requirements).
- Apply for reverse transfer to receive an MC Associate Degree.
- Maintain grade point average.
FEES AND DEADLINES
- Students accepted to the Academy will be required to pay the respective tuition and fees separately at both institutions, pro-rated as appropriate based on the semester credit hours enrolled at each institution, by the established deadlines.
- TAMU-CS courses will not be subjected to the Recreation Sports Fee, the Health Center Fee, and the Student Center Complex Fee.
- Academy participants living in housing offered by MC will pay housing fees.
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
Get Started Now!
STEP 1: APPLY TO MC
STEP 2: PRE-QUALIFY FOR THE ACADEMY
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE TEXAS A&M APPLICATION
Supported by Concho, the Academy provides talented students an opportunity to pursue their engineering degree in a co-enrollment program between Texas A&M College Station and MC.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.