If an outside organization or person wishes to pay for a student’s tuition, fees, room and board and/or books, this is considered an Outside Scholarship by the Financial Aid Office. All outside scholarships are processed according the donor’s request, if a letter is presented with the funds. If a letter is not submitted, the Financial Aid Office will determine how to apply funds accordingly.
Any unused funds that are not applied to the student’s charges for a particular term, which includes Tuition & Fees, Room & Board and books may be:
- Rolled over into the next consecutive term
- Given directly to the student in the form of a refund; or
- Sent back to the donor
- Outside scholarship funding is held for one academic year unless indicated by the donor. Otherwise, it is the Midland College Financial Aid Office’s policy to return all unused funds to the donor.
If a student has documentation or an award from any of the entities below, they need to bring their paperwork directly to the Cashier’s office, or email it to email@example.com.
- Casa de Amigos
- Midland Fair Haven (award letters to Cashier, checks to FA)
- Midland Memorial Hospital (award letters to Cashier, checks to FA)
- Midland Police Department
- Sul Ross Consortium – will initiate in FA with paperwork, Cashier will apply and make adjustments as needed
- Texas Promise Fund
- Texas Tomorrow (Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan)
- Texas Workforce Solutions Voc Rehab (DARS)
- West Texas Opportunity
- Workforce Solutions (WIA)
If a student is inquiring about ANY OTHER award, scholarship, or waiver that is NOT listed above, they will need to visit with the Financial Aid office.
Students who are eligible to receive funding for credit classes under the Texas Workforce Commission or the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) must provide an invoice or request that an invoice be sent to the Cashier's Office from that organization. Funds will be placed on student accounts according to what is indicated on the invoice and students will be responsible for any and all charges not covered by TWC or WIA. Students will be allowed to charge books if indicated on the invoice.
TWC and WIA Billing Deadlines
Fall – October 31
Spring – March 31
Summer – July 1
Students who are eligible to receive funding from AmeriCorps are required to submit a request for funds from AmeriCorps online. The Cashier's Office will apply funds according to what is indicated on the Statement of Payment. Students are responsible for any and all charges not covered by AmeriCorps. Book vouchers will be available to students if indicated on the invoice.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.