University of North TexasUNT
How it works
For each pathway, the first two years are spent at Midland College taking academically rigorous pre-PCPP courses. Students may be invited to apply for Early Acceptance Notification from the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (TCOM) which is part of the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. No MCAT is required!
All pre-med students complete the second year at Midland College and transfer to a four-year institution. PCPP students granted Early Acceptance Notification must transfer to the University of North Texas in Denton for their third (final) year of undergraduate studies.
Midland College students interested in the Primary Care Pathway Program must complete the Intent to Apply form (link below) and submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before their first semester of undergraduate study. Suitability to participate in this program as an undergraduate student will be at the discretion of Midland College PCPP Advisory Committee.
Pre-med Student Eligibility
- Texas residents admitted to Midland College
- Competitive SAT or ACT score, as determined by the PCPP Advisory Committee
PCPP Student Minimum Requirements @ Midland College
- Complete the required curriculum
- 3.5 Overall GPA; 3.5 GPA in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, and Math courses
- Participate in the Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) process at Midland College between years 1 and 2
- Completion of cocurricular experiences as required by the Midland College PCPP Advisory Committee
- Submit a completed application to the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service, TMDSAS, between years 1 and 2
- Submit a completed secondary admissions application to UNTHSC-TCOM between years 1 and 2
- During year 2, apply for transfer admission to UNT (Denton)
- All deadlines must be met
- The Medical College Admission Test, MCAT, is not required
Early Acceptance Notification Criteria
- Complete the TMDSAS Application and the TCOM Secondary Application
- Applicants must adhere to all application deadlines
- UNTHSC-TCOM Admissions will select applicants to invite for interviews
- Evaluation of individual applicants will be based on admissions criteria as set forth by UNTHSC-TCOM
- All applicants from the PCPP program are not guaranteed an interview
- Participation in the PCPP is not a guarantee of acceptance to UNTHSC-TCOM
PCPP students selected for Early Acceptance Notification will be notified no later than the spring semester of their second year at Midland College. Admitted PCPP participants must agree to the terms of the Admissions Agreement to matriculate into the University of North Texas Health Science Center-Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine.
Project Partner and Related Resources
- Midland Memorial Hospital (MMH)
- University of North Texas in Denton (UNT)
- University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth (UNTHSC)
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.