Air Conditioning, Heating & Refrigeration Technology
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
How to Apply
- Login to My MC Portal
- Click the Students tab
- Click the "Financial Aid Portal" link
- Under Log In, provide your Social Security Number and password. If you do not have a password, click the "First Time User" link at the bottom-right and follow prompts.
For additional general scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships
Missing the "Financial Aid Portal" link?
To have access to the Financial Aid portal and apply for scholarships, the student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid.
If the students FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
must fill out the FAFSA application first and once processed, will be able to complete
the general scholarship application.
Pursuing an Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration degree will provide marketable skills in these areas:
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the right tools
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or display screens to make sure a machine is working
- Troubleshooting - Figuring out what is causing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs to not work
- Equipment Maintenance - Planning and doing the basic maintenance on equipment
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs
- Critical Thinking - Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- Operation and Control - Using equipment or systems
- Equipment Selection - Deciding what kind of tools and equipment are needed to do a job
- Quality Control Analysis - Testing how well a product or service works
- Complex Problem Solving - Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- Speaking - Talking to others
Earning an AAS degree will lead to a variety of career opportunities such as:
- Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers
- Elevator Installers and Repairers, Electricians
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanics, Except Engines
- Automotive Master Mechanics
- Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation and Relay
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Commercial and Industrial Equipment
HVACR systems consist of many components such as motors, compressors, pumps, fans, ducts, pipes, thermostats and switches. Technicians must be able to maintain, diagnose and correct problems throughout the entire system.
Technicians often specialize in either installation or maintenance and repair. Some specialize in one type of equipment — for example, oil burners, solar panels or commercial refrigerators. Technicians may work for large or small contracting companies or directly for a manufacturer or wholesaler. Those working for smaller operations tend to do both installation and servicing and work with heating, cooling and refrigeration equipment.
Why study Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Technology at MC?
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.