Psychology is essential in helping to describe and explain behavior. Often correct explanations will help to predict and possible modify future behavior, such as avoiding bad choices or guiding children as they develop.
The Psychology Program at Midland College includes an introduction to the field as well as several more specific courses dealing with child and lifespan development, social interactions with others, and human sexuality. These courses are designed to help the student find practical application of psychological principles to their own daily lives.
If you are interested in the human mind and behavior and want to use science to solve problems, a degree in psychology is a good option. It can open the door to more education and many career opportunities. It should give you skills in critical thinking, communication, social responsibility, and also empirical and quantitative skills.
Click Links Below For Details
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
The student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.
If the student's FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
needs to complete the FAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete
the general scholarship application.
How to Apply
- Go to our Financial Aid Portal, by clicking this link: Financial Aid Portal
- Log in using your SSN and Password. If this is your first time, click the "First Time User" link under the Submit button in the "Log In" box.
- Click the menu button at the top left-hand corner.
- Select the Scholarship Application.
For additional scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships page.
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, your Pathways Advisor can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact your Pathways Advisor for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
Business – usually a Bachelor’s degree
Education – usually a Master’s degree
Health – Master’s degree or Ph.D. required
Environment – usually a Bachelor’s degree
Performance Psychology – Bachelor’s or master’s degree
Public Safety – Bachelor’s or master’s degree
Bachelor’s degree: 4 yr. degree
Master’s degree: 2 yr. degree after Bachelor’s degree
Doctoral degree: 5-7 yr. degree after Bachelor’s degree
- Natalie Portman – Academy Award-winning actress
- Jerry Bruckheimer – Television and film producer
- Wes Craven – writer and director
- Gloria Estefan – Cuban American singer, a seven-time Grammy winner
- Irene Rosenfeld – CEO of Kraft foods, businessperson
- Jonathan Kellerman – psychologist, author, novelist
- Jon Stewart – comedian, political satirist, and host of The Daily Show
- Dr. Phil – American television personality and author
- Selma Blair – American film, television, & theater actress
- James Dimon – CEO of JPMorgan Chase, businessperson, banker
- Chesley Sullenberger – American airline pilot who successfully landed on the Hudson River
- Natalie Coughlin – American competitive swimmer & winner of 12 Olympic medals
- Yanni – Greek-American composer and performer
- Dr. Steve Thomas – President of Midland College
Visit the course catalog for the most complete and up-to-date information.
Psychology Faculty Contact Information
Social & Behavioral Sciences
Marie Hall Academic Building
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.