Specific to the Business Studies Department, the following scholarships may be available for students interested in majoring in Accounting. For details, contact Dale Westfall at firstname.lastname@example.org or (432) 685-4658.
- Petroleum Accountants Society
- Clara King Accounting Scholarship
- Lillie M. Stovall
- Permian Basin Chapter TSCPA
To apply for any MC Scholarship through AcademicWorks:
1. APPLY at https://midland.academicworks.com
2. Confirm the link sent to your email and complete application
3. Check your MC student email for notifications of award
4. Accept award & write your electronic thank you letter to the donor
*Already receiving a scholarship? Don't forget to update your application each semester! You will receive an email when it is time to do so.
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, your Pathways Advisor can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact your Pathways Advisor for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
While not programs, Midland College offers a couple of special interest courses. QuickBooks and Petroleum Accounting. These courses are designed for entry level accounting positions in our local environment. Introduction to Accounting I (ACNT 1403) is also offered and is part of the Business Management Degree and Certificate programs.
ACCT 2301 and 2302 are designed to be transfer courses to universities. They apply to business degrees at 4-year institutions as the two beginning accounting courses.
Many accounting graduates work for public accounting firms that provide audit, tax, and consulting services to all types of organizations. Other accounting graduates pursue careers in various businesses and industries, at all levels of government, as forensic accountants (fraud investigation), and as accounting educators.
Professional designations include:
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CFA (Certified Financial Analyst)
- CFP (Certified Financial Planner)
- COAF (Certified Professional Forecaster and Certified Advanced Professional Forecaster)
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant)
- CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
- Fraud Examiners
- Corporate Accountants
- Public Accountants
- Financial Consultants
- Business Owners
Former MC Accounting Students
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.