- Enrolling in courses for personal interest only and not seeking a certificate/degree at any institution of higher education?
- Requesting a waiver from the Texas Success Initiative (TSI)?
- Not intending to receive a certificate/degree from Midland College?
- Not intending to enroll on a permanent basis?
If you answered YES to All the above, follow these steps to apply to MC and register
Please note that casual students are:
- Limited to a maximum of two courses per semester (academically restricted courses are not eligible for enrollment).
- Classified with a major of Casual Student/No Degree. This major is not eligible to receive financial aid.
Application & Registration Steps
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year application
Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for fall, spring, interim or summer sessions.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 3-5 working days for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
Contact Enrollment Services at (432) 685-4501 or email@example.com
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
FIRST TIME COLLEGE STUDENTS
Submit official final high school transcripts. Final high school transcripts must include the high school graduation date as well as the signature of the designated school administrator.
RETURNING MC STUDENTS/TRANSFER STUDENTS
Submit official transcripts from ALL institutions that you have previously attended and/or are currently attending. Students attending classes at Texas public institutions, be sure to request the TSI status is included in the transcript.
Mail transcripts to:
Midland College Registrar
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, Texas 79705
To view official transcripts received by Midland College, please log into to My MC Portal and choose "Registration Options" and click on "Transcript Tracking". Transcripts received by Midland College will appear in green.
Note: FAXED/SCANNED/COPY AND PASTED TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOT CONSIDERED OFFICIAL
Failure to provide all official transcripts by the end of the 15th class day of the term will result in a HOLD on your account. You will not be able to register for additional classes, see your grades, or receive your official Midland College transcript until all official transcripts have been received and processed.
Questions about official transcripts?
Contact the Registrar’s Office at 432-685-4513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NON-DEGREE SEEKING/CASUAL STUDENTS
Complete and submit the waiver form:
Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Contact your advisor directly
Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment.
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses."
NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If still unable to retrieve your ID and PIN, or if you have questions, complete and submit the following form:
To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application.
- It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
- The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.
Casual Students do not qualify for financial aid or scholarships. To ensure that you are not dropped from your classes, make payment as soon as you are registered.
Senior Citizen Discount
Senior citizens may be exempt from the payment of general use fees when they enroll in credit classes. For more information, please refer to the exemptions page.
MC students, your email address is as follows:
First letter of first name + first three letters of last name + last three numbers of your MC Student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu
Midland College Student ID (no dashes) PLEASE NOTE: Once you log into your account the first time, that password will expire. It must be changed before closing the page or signing off or you will be locked out of your account.
Example: John Doe, student ID number 123004567 (no dashes)
User ID: email@example.com
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It will take 2 to 3 business days for your email account to be created AFTER the first time you register for a class at Midland College.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use it as your primary email account for personal use.
- Your Login ID is your ENTIRE student email address (include @mail.midland.edu).
- Virtual College of Texas (VCT) students DO NOT have a Midland College email account.
- If you do not know your student ID, please go to My MC Portal and select the "Forgot Student ID" link.
- Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up to receive your MC email account for quick, easy access.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use that as your permanent and primary email account for personal use.