HOW TO APPLY
- Apply and be accepted to a Texas public college or university at www.applytexas.org.
- Provide proof (DD214) from the Department of Defense regarding military service and the nature of discharge (Member 4).
- Provide proof of eligibility or ineligibility for GI Bill benefits (Chapter 31 - Voc/Rehab or 33 - Post-9/11) by requesting a certificate of eligibility for federal education benefits from eBenefits. This is required if a veteran has active duty service after 9/11/2001. You will need to create a username and password to request your certificate of eligibility.
- Fill out the Hazlewood Exemption application form.
- Turn in the Hazlewood Exemption application form, a copy of your letter of eligibility/ineligibility, a printout of the hours used, and copy of your DD214.
Submitted once each academic year
The first time a veteran or student applies to use the Hazlewood exemption, all required documents must be submitted along with the application and hours used to Midland College.
All required documentation may be submitted to the VA Coordinator in the Scharbauer Student Center 131, FAXED to (432) 685-6451 or emailed to email@example.com.
Continuation of Enrollment Application
May be submitted for subsequent semesters during the academic year after the Hazlewood Application and required documentation has been submitted to Midland College.
Hazlewood Database for Veterans and Students
Allows veterans, legacy children, and spouses and children of 100% disabled/service-connected death veterans to view Hazlewood Act hours they have used. As part of the Hazlewood Act application process, users are required to register in the database and print out the number of hours previously used and turn that in to Midland College. This allows users to demonstrate that they have not already used up all of their entitlement. These hours must be submitted each term with the appropriate application.
Application for Revocation of Previously Assigned Hours
An eligible veteran or designee who has assigned unused Hazlewood Exemption hours to a child through the Legacy Act may revoke the assignment of any unused hours [Texas Education Code §54.341(k‐1)]. This form must be notarized and submitted to the institution where the benefit is currently being used.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.