Apply to MC by completing the 2-year application
Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall, Spring, Interim or Summer sessions.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 3 calendar weeks for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
Contact Enrollment Services at (432) 685-4501 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Application steps for International Students
- All international students must complete and submit International Application Package:
International Application Package (pdf)
- A $20.00 non-refundable application fee. This fee should be in the form of a check
or money order made payable to Midland College, and sent to the attention of Midland
College’s International Student Advisor (see contact info above).
- International Students are required to have insurance coverage. The insurance policy
must include medical evacuation and repatriation to their home country, in the event
this becomes necessary.
Those APPLYING WITHIN THE U.S. WISHING TO TRANSFER TO MC, MUST ALSO SUBMIT:
- A copy of the front page of your passport showing your name and country of origin,
a copy of the U.S. visa page of your passport, and a copy of your I-94.
- An official evaluation of any foreign colleges or universities. They must be sent
directly from the US evaluation company.
- A copy of your current I-20
- Complete the MC Non-Immigrant Status Form:
Taking Online Courses Only?
If an international student in the U.S. wants to take online courses at MC, while keeping their I-20 at another college or university, they must submit:
- An Apply Texas application (link at the top of this section)
- Copies of all three pages of their I-20, the visa page of their passport, the passport
page of their passport, and I-94.
- Official transcript(s) of all college/university (with the TSI status if it is located
- An official evaluation of any foreign colleges or universities. They must be sent
directly from the US evaluation company. See college transcripts section.
- A letter from the International Office at their current college/university giving permission to take the class.
IT MAY BE POSSIBLE TO STUDY AT MIDLAND COLLEGE WITH OTHER KINDS OF VISAS. CONTACT THE DIRECTOR OF COUNSELING AND SPECIAL POPULATIONS FOR MORE INFORMATION.
An official transcript of your secondary, high school work. The official transcript must be translated into English and must show each course and the grade earned. Students must have the equivalent of a U. S. high school education. Sometimes evaluation by a U.S. credentials evaluation agency may be required. They must be sent directly from the evaluation company to Midland College. Contact the International Student Advisor for evaluation companies.
An official transcript from each college or university attended. International transcript(s) must be evaluated by a US evaluation company and mailed directly from the evaluation company to Midland College. For a list of evaluation companies, contact the International Student Advisor. If the student wants to see if courses can transfer to Midland College, detailed transcripts may be necessary.
International Students Must demonstrate proficiency of the English language
Acceptable tests and cut-off scores that a student from a non-English speaking country can use:
- TOEFL 61 on the internet based test
- IELTS 6
- TSI Assessment with the following scores: Reading 346 and Writing essay score of 5 or essay score of 4 and multiple choice score of 363
- SAT 480 on the Critical Reading test prior to March 5, 2016; after March 5, 2016, EBRW 480
- ACT 19 on the English test
- CLEP 50 with essay on the English test
- International Baccalaureate Program 4 on the English A1 Higher Level (HL) exam
When receiving near passing scores, the Director of Counseling and Special Populations may select a panel of Midland College employees to further evaluate English proficiency based on interview conversations, transcripts showing English instruction, and other English proficiency tests or writing samples.
Tests of English are not required of students from English speaking countries attending
as a general students. However, certain health science majors may require specific
TOEFL scores to be admitted.
TSI (Placement) testing requirement for registration
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI Assessment test scores or proof of exemption or waiver prior to enrolling.
Not all students need to take the TSI Assessment. Previous academics, military service, and other tests may exempt you. Detailed information on these exemptions and TSI assessment are located on the TSI Information & Requirements page.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction. If the student is 17 years or younger, the form must be signed by a parent/guardian.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
SEXUAL ASSAULT POLICY ORIENTATION
Texas Education Code requires that Midland College provide each entering freshman or transfer student an orientation on the institution's campus sexual assault policy. Midland College provides this orientation in a web format. Please select the link below to complete this registration requirement. Students that do not complete the orientation will not be able to register for classes.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Midland College requires new students to attend orientation. It is held the week before
Fall classes begin and focuses on the need to know information for the first week of
New Student Orientation
- A certified statement of financial responsibility is required of all foreign students.
The statement must show evidence that the student will have access to at least $20,000
during the academic year. This amount is considered the minimum required for tuition,
fees, books, room and board, and living expenses. Additional funds are required for
dependents and spouses.
- The Financial Statement must be completed and signed by the applicant and the person
who will support the student while he/she attends Midland College, if the student
has a sponsor. Supporting financial documents such as recent banking statements are
- A copy of your passport, country of origin page with picture and name. Other documents
may be required if you are currently in the United States.
- Total expenses for the academic year are approximately $20,000. Students on an F-1
visa must pay out of state tuition in most cases.
- Part-time work must be approved by U.S. immigration authorities.
Once you have been approved by the U.S. Government to study at MC, here is how you register:
Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Contact your advisor directly
Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment.
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses."
NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If still unable to retrieve your ID and PIN, or if you have questions, complete and submit the following form:
To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application.
- It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
- The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.
PAYING YOUR BALANCE
- Payment is due at the time of registration
- MC does not take payments via phone
- A credit card or bank account number is required in order to enroll in the payment plan
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes
QUESTIONS ABOUT PAYMENT?
Contact the Cashier’s Office at (432) 685-4531 or email@example.com
Once you log into your account the first time, the password expires. It must be changed before closing the page or signing off or you will be locked out of your account.
MC students, your email address is as follows:
First letter of first name + first three letters of last name + last three numbers of your MC Student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu
If you have a 9 digit Student ID, your password is your MC Student ID
Example: John Doe, student ID number 123004567 (no dashes)
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com
If you have a 5 digit Student ID, your password is four zeros + your MC Student ID
Example: John Doe, student ID number 12345 (no dashes)
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com
- It will take 2 to 3 business days for your email account to be created AFTER the first time you register for a class at Midland College.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use it as your primary email account for personal use.
- Your Login ID is your ENTIRE student email address (include @mail.midland.edu).
- Virtual College of Texas (VCT) students DO NOT have a Midland College email account.
- Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up to receive your MC email account for quick, easy access.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use that as your permanent and primary email account for personal use.