Join our Program
Erika Ortiz, LVN
Teaching NA classes for Midland College since 2010 and has a successful pass rate.
Grace Okugbere, LVN
Teaching NA classes for Midland College since 2016.
Both instructors have long-term care nursing experience and are excellent teachers!
Nurse Aide Classroom
This nurse aide classroom course will provide the student with knowledge, skills, and abilities essential to provide basic care to residents of long-term care facilities. Topics include resident's rights, communication, safety, observation, reporting and assisting residents in maintaining basic comfort and safety. Emphasis on effective interaction with members of the healthcare team, restorative services, mental health, and social services needs. No high school diploma or GED required.
Nurse Aide Clinical
The Nurse Aide clinical course is practical instruction with close and/or direct supervision provided by the clinical professional (faculty or preceptor), generally in a clinical setting. Clinical education is an unpaid learning experience. This is a direct patient contact course.
Advanced Technology Center
3200 W. Cuthbert
Ashton Medical Lodge
801 S. Loop 250 W
The Village at Manor Park
2208 N Loop 250 W
- Must be 18 years-of-age or older
- Copy of Photo ID or Driver’s License
- Copy of Social Security Card – names must be exactly the same on both
- Copy of current CPR Certification – Must be American Heart Association, BLS, within past 2 years
- Pass criminal background check (processed by the office)
- Proof of Immunizations:
- COVID-19 (or weekly testing at the clinical sites will be required)
- Flu (October - March)
- Tetanus (Td or Tdap) - 1 shot within last 10 years
- MMR - 2 shots if born after 1957
- Varicella (chicken pox) - 2 shots
- Hepatitis B series - all 3 shots
- Tuberculosis (TB) test (negative result) - within last 12 months
- Required Uniform:
Set of Scrubs (hunter green top, khaki pants)
Watch with Second Hand
- Nurse Aide Clinical patch - to be worn on the top left sleeve of scrub
- Blood Pressure Cuff & Stethoscope Set
- Gait Belt
- Thermometer with Sleeves
Hartman’s Nursing Assistant Care, Long Term Care, 4th Ed.
- Black Ink Pen, 2
- No. 2 Pencils
- Notebook (2” binder)
- Notebook Paper
- Index Cards (any size)
Midland College Bookstore
Most of the supplies listed above are available at the Midland College Bookstore, part of the Scharbauer Student Center on the MC main campus.
Application & Enrollment
Full payment of $565 and the completed application packet must be turned in to register for the course. Our policy is first-come, first-served and classes fill quickly.
Application packets may also be downloaded by clicking the link below or for pick up at the MC Advanced Technology Center, Room 143, 3200 W. Cuthbert, Midland, Texas.
Tuition & Fees for the Entire Program is $695.00
Classroom Tuition - $395.00
Clinical Tuition - $300.00
BOTH courses must be completed to register for the State of Texas exam.
Health Sciences Continuing Education Opportunity
Scholarships are available for qualified applicants. Apply in the department office with proof of household income and a one-page essay expressing goals and financial needs.
Casa de Amigos Scholarship Opportunity
Call (432) 682-9701 or visit www.casadeamigosmidland.org
Workforce Solutions Scholarship Opportunity
Call (432) 686-4886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Nurse Aide student, expect
- Classes on Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 3 pm
(Monday - Thursday for summer classes)
- Occasional evening/weekend classes
- Work closely with a small group of students
- 10 - 15 hours/week outside of class personal study time to be successful
- 66 hours of classroom instruction
- 48 hours of hands-on clinical instruction
Upon Successful Completion of the Program
Eligible to take the Texas Nurse Aide certification exam
Nurse Aide Opportunities
Nurse Aides can make up to $32,557 in the state of Texas. The most common areas of work for a CNA are long-term care facilities, hospitals, physician offices, health departments, and home health care agencies. Within these settings, you can work with a variety of different patients from the very young to the very old.