- new to college?
- a former Midland College student returning back to MC after more than a year absence?
- a student transferring to Midland College to obtain a certificate or degree?
- a student who plans to transfer to a university once your basics/associates degree has been obtained?
Application & Registration Steps
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year application
Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall, Spring, Interim or Summer sessions.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 3 calendar weeks for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
Contact Enrollment Services at (432) 685-4501 or email@example.com
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a program designed to help students be successful in college. It includes assessment of students before entering a state-supported college or university, advisement and an individual plan designed to prepare students to meet college-readiness skills. Students are required to submit TSI assessment test scores or proof of exemption prior to enrolling.
- In most cases, Transient students in Texas have already addressed the TSI requirement
at their home institution. Please request that your institution include your TSI information
on your transcript (if the institution is a Texas public college or university).
- Students who are from a private or out-of-state college or university may meet the
TSI requirement if the student has earned college-level coursework in English (equivalent
to ENGL1301 or 1302) or any college-level Math.
- Visit our TSI Information page for more information.
As of January 1, 2014, all entering students under the age of 22 at an institution of higher education are required to show proof of an initial meningococcal vaccination or a booster dose during the five-year period prior to enrolling. They must get the vaccine at least 10 days before the semester begins. Students planning to take online classes only are not required to submit meningitis documentation.
- When submitting meningitis documentation via email or fax, include your MC student ID number.
- Local pharmacies that carry the vaccine include: HEB, Grahams, and Walgreens.
- Typical shot cost at pharmacy is $129.00.
A separate, signed application must be submitted ONLINE for each individual to receive an exemption from Texas meningococcal vaccination requirements. This form is for official use only and is not valid if photocopied. You must have a working printer to complete this transaction.
For more information regarding college vaccine requirements, visit the Texas Department of State Health Services Vaccine Requirements website and the Texas Legislature SB62 website.
SEXUAL ASSAULT POLICY ORIENTATION
Texas Education Code requires that Midland College provide each entering freshman or transfer student an orientation on the institution's campus sexual assault policy. Midland College provides this orientation in a web format. Please select the link below to complete this registration requirement. Students that do not complete the orientation will not be able to register for classes.
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Midland College requires new students to attend orientation. It is held the week before
Fall classes begin and focuses on the need to know information for the first week of
New Student Orientation
High school transcripts
All students intending to apply for financial aid MUST have a final high school transcript on file.
FIRST TIME COLLEGE STUDENTS
Submit official final high school transcripts. Final high school transcripts must include the high school graduation date as well as the signature of the designated school administrator.
RETURNING MC STUDENTS/TRANSFER STUDENTS
Submit official transcripts from ALL institutions that you have previously attended and/or are currently attending. Students attending classes at Texas public institutions, be sure to request the TSI status is included in the transcript.
Official transcripts can be sent to:
Midland College Registrar
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, Texas 79705
To view official transcripts received by Midland College, log into to My MC Portal and choose "Registration Options" and click on "Transcript Tracking". Transcripts received by Midland College will appear in green.
FAXED/SCANNED/COPY AND PASTED TRANSCRIPTS ARE NOT CONSIDERED OFFICIAL
WARNING: Failure to provide all official transcripts by the end of the 15th class day of
the term will result in a HOLD on your account. Students will not be able to register
for additional classes, see their grades, or receive their official Midland College
transcript until all official transcripts have been received and processed.
Questions about Transcripts?
Contact the Registrar’s Office at (432) 685-4513 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Know your MC student ID and PIN, from your acceptance email, to register via My MC Portal
WAYS TO REGISTER
- Contact your advisor directly
Log in to My MC Portal and open your dashboard. Your advisor's name will be in the white box, second column. By selecting your advisor's name, you will be able to send an e-mail requesting an appointment.
- Online through My MC Portal
Self-register by logging into My MC Portal > select the "Registration" heading > Click "Add/Drop Courses."
NOTE: Students with a hold on their account may not be able to set an appointment and/or register.
LOST/FORGOTTEN STUDENT ID OR PIN?
On the My MC Portal login page, click the lost PIN or ID link. If still unable to retrieve your ID and PIN, or if you have questions, complete and submit the following form:
To visit with a counselor regarding accommodations, visit our Disability Service's page and complete the Disability Accommodation Application.
- It is recommended to submit the form 2-3 weeks before classes begin to allow time for processing.
- The application must be submitted each semester for continued accommodations.
PAYING YOUR BALANCE
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- MC does not take payments via phone.
- A credit card or bank account number is required in order to enroll in the payment plan.
Non-Payment will result in being dropped from ALL classes
QUESTIONS ABOUT PAYMENT?
Contact the Cashier’s Office at (432) 685-4531 or email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Once you log into your account the first time, the password expires.
It must be changed before closing the page or signing off or you will be locked out
of your account.
MC students, your email address is as follows:
First letter of first name + first three letters of last name + last three numbers of your MC Student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu
If you have a 9 digit Student ID, your password is your MC Student ID
Example: John Doe, student ID number 123004567 (no dashes)
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com
If you have a 5 digit Student ID, your password is four zeros + your MC Student ID
Example: John Doe, student ID number 12345 (no dashes)
User ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Address: email@example.com
- It will take 2 to 3 business days for your email account to be created AFTER the first time you register for a class at Midland College.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use it as your primary email account for personal use.
- Your Login ID is your ENTIRE student email address (include @mail.midland.edu).
- Virtual College of Texas (VCT) students DO NOT have a Midland College email account.
- Download the Gmail app to your smartphone and set it up to receive your MC email account for quick, easy access.
- Once you are no longer a student for 2 years, your MC Student email account will be deleted, so you should not use that as your permanent and primary email account for personal use.