Midland College (MC) is a comprehensive public community college that is an educational leader in the Permian Basin. The college offers three bachelor-degree programs and more than 30 associate-degree programs, as well as certificates and transfer programs in fields of study.
MC is especially suited to helping students adapt to a changing labor market by being able to quickly provide training required by business and industry. The college often partners with local businesses and expeditiously develops continuing education courses in response to industry needs, thereby getting students in and out and ready to work.
Affordability is a key component of all MC programs. Tuition is one-third the cost of Texas four- year public institutions. Thanks to generous donors and sound financial investments, Midland College is able to award over $1.4 million annually in scholarships.
A variety of online, hybrid and traditional face-to-face classes allow students flexibility to complete career and academic goals. The college values its mission of educating Midlanders of all ages and designs programs and curricula to prepare students for success as they enter the job market in high-demand careers or transfer to a university.
Additional details about the college:
- The Petroleum Professional Development Center provides quality continuing education for professionals employed in the Permian Basin energy industries.
- Dual credit programming includes academic core curriculum courses for area public and private high school students; a college and career partnership with Midland ISD offering applied technology, public service and entry-level health sciences courses; and the highly successful Early College High School at MC (ECHS@MC), where students have the opportunity to simultaneously earn an associate degree and high school diploma.
- The Texas A&M-Concho Engineering Academy allows students to co-enroll at both Midland College and Texas A&M, attend Midland College for one or two years and then begin upper-level engineering courses in College Station.
- MC’s newest bachelor-degree program is in Early Childhood Education. MC provides full scholarships for students enrolled in both the existing Associate of Arts in Teaching program as well as the new Bachelor of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education program. Students enrolled in MC’s education programs participate in hands-on training with children attending MC’s Pre-K Academy.
- MC’s Primary Care Pathway Program partnership with the University of North Texas, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine and Midland Health enables students to complete a medical degree in seven years.
- MC’s Career & Transfer Resource Center functions as an important service that connects students with employers.
- A University Center encompasses partnerships with various universities to provide articulation, and in some cases, actual university upper-level courses on the Midland College campus.
- Endowed lecture series and performing arts series allow MC to provide two internationally acclaimed lectures each year and two entertaining performances each year at no cost to attendees.
- Continuing education and cultural enrichment selections include the popular summer Kids’ College enrichment program, special courses for Midlanders age 50-plus, fitness and exercise classes, management seminars and accelerated computer software training.
- An award-winning adult basic education program offers courses in high school equivalency diploma preparation, English as a Second Language and U.S. citizenship courses.
Several of MC's varied services provided to the community:
- Advanced Technology Center (ATC)
- Cogdell Learning Center
- College Classics
- Cosmetology Services
- Davidson Distinguished Lecture Series
- Dollye Neal Chapel
- Early Childhood Education Bachelor of Applied Science
- Early College High School @ Midland College
- F. Marie Hall SimLife Center
- Fort Stockton - WRTTC
- Health Services Management Bachelor of Applied Science
- Honors Program
- Kids' College
- Legacy Scholarship
- Organizational Management Bachelor of Applied Science
- Petroleum Professional Development Center (PPDC)
- Phyllis and Bob Cowan Performing Arts Series
- Pre-K Academy
- University Partnerships
Midland College has many programs and options for our students. If you are investigating the opportunities we offer, our Welcome Center is the perfect place to receive general information.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! Whether you are here to earn a few credits, take courses to transfer or start a new career, we welcome you.