Business Leadership CertificateABC@MC
- Faculty members are committed to help students succeed in the workplace.
- Students receive instruction in small face-to-face and online classes.
- Low costs make the program a great bargain!
- Courses in the Business Leadership Certificate program lead to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Midland College's Business Management program and to a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Management.
- Midland College is widely recognized as a premier community college in Texas.
Midland College's Business Leadership Certificate affords students the opportunity to receive career training with scholarship opportunities and comprehensive and personalized advisement. The program is focused on understanding how business works and is targeted to those individuals committed to business-focused learning.
Upon successful completion of the Business Leadership Certificate, students will:
- Be able to identify, select, communicate and implement sound and appropriate business concepts, strategies and best practices in the pursuit of effective and efficient business operations.
- Display effective interpersonal communication, leadership, motivation and team dynamics skills in their interactions with others.
- Communicate effectively about business issues, including the demonstration of competence with a wide variety of electronic tools to research, analyze, manage and present information orally and in writing.
- Consistently apply role model and communicate high standards of ethical judgment and behavior in the conduct of personal and business affairs.
Visit the catalog for course information. For questions regarding the schedule, contact Doug Johnson, Business Department Chair.
1ST SEMESTER (SUMMER II)
BUSI 1301 - Business Principles
Total Semester Hours: 3
2ND SEMESTER (FALL)
LEAD 1200 - Leadership Development with Critical Thinking
ACNT 1403 - Introduction to Accounting
BUSG 1304 - Introduction to Financial Advising
MRKG 1311 - Principles of Marketing
BCIS 1305 - Business Computer Applications
Total Semester Hours: 15
3RD SEMESTER (SPRING)
LEAD 2200 - Corporate and Community Development with Critical Thinking
SPCH 1321 - Business and Professional Communications
BUSI 2301 - Business Law
BUSG 1315 - Small Business Operations
ECON 2301 - Principles of Macroeconomics
Total Semester Hours: 14
4TH SEMESTER (SUMMER I)
BMGT 2341 - Strategic Management
Total Semester Hours: 3
Apply to MC by completing the 2-year "Apply Texas" application
- Regardless of the semester you choose, the application will work for Fall or Spring.
- Create a new profile if you do not already have one.
- Once the profile is complete, fill out the 2-year application.
- Include your social security number in both your profile and application.
Warning: Although listed as optional on the application, not providing your SSN will delay the processing of your application.
- Allow 2 business days for MC to process your application.
- Look for your acceptance email from Midland College at the email address provided in your application profile. Don't forget to check your spam folder.
- Select Summer II for the Business Leadership Certificate
- Select Business for the Choose School section
- Select Business Leadership Certificate for Major
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.