Aviation Mechanic CertificateAviation Maintenance Technology
Register now, limited space!
Click Links Below for Details
According to careeronestop.org, pursuing an Aviation Maintenance degree at MC will provide marketable skills in these areas:
- Quality control analysis – testing how well a product or service works
- Troubleshooting – Understanding what causes equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs not to work
- Equipment maintenance – Planning and performing basic maintenance on equipment
- Installation – Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or computer programs
- Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the right tools
- Operation Monitoring – Watching gauges, dials, or display screens to ensure the machine is working correctly
- Active listening – Listening to others and asking the right questions
Aviation Maintenance Technicians may work in areas of aircraft repair, overhaul and line maintenance. The largest employers are:
- Aerospace product and parts manufacturing
- Support activities for air transportation
- Federal government
- Scheduled air transportation
- Professional, scientific and technical services
The demand for AMT technicians is climbing. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the need for aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians is expected to rise 5% through the year 2026 based on the need to replace workers retiring or leaving the occupation.
A 2018 Boeing Aircraft study anticipates the area of maintenance, engineering, parts, and upgrades will grow by 4% annually as Maintenance-Repair-Organization (MRO) providers adapt and invest in handling new advanced materials. This segment is forecasted to comprise 26% of airline spending. Areas of employment most likely to benefit include shop maintenance, maintenance support, hanger maintenance, and line maintenance.
The Boeing study also states, “To fly and maintain the growing fleet, the 2019 Boeing Pilot and Technician Outlook forecasts that the civil aviation industry will need to supply nearly 2.5 million new aviation personnel between now and 2038. This significant demand is creating an additional strain on the personnel supply globally and impacting other sectors of aviation.”
- 18 month program (full-time students)
- Flexible Schedules
- Hands-on aircraft training
- Attend Class at Hanger E
Hanger "E" is approximately 17 miles from the main campus. Students are responsible for transportation to the training facility.
Commemorative Air Force Scholarship
Two students awarded in the Spring each year.
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
The student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.
If the student's FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
needs to complete the FAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete
the general scholarship application.
How to Apply
- Complete current year FAFSA or TASFA applications
- Register for 6+ credit hours towards a degree or certification
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 or higher each semester
For additional scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships page.
Visit the Course Catalog for the most complete and up-to-date information.
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Why study Aviation Maintenance at MC?
Midland International Air & Space Port
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.