Writing Tutoring Options
Option 1: Face to Face Tutoring in Language Hub
- Masks required
- Appointments required
Call (432) 685-4718 to schedule
Monday, Tuesday: 8 am – 8 pm
Wednesday, Thursday: 8 am – 5:30 pm
Option 2: Submit papers to our dropbox via the Language Hub Online in Canvas
Dropbox checked Monday - Thursday 8 am - 8pm & Friday 8 am - Noon
Submitting Papers for Language Hub Online Tutoring
- To submit, you must join the Language Hub Online Canvas course by clicking "Courses," "All courses," "Browse more courses," and click "Join this course," when you see Language Hub Online.
- In the first module (Language Hub 2020), see turn it in dropbox labeled "Students submit to a tutor here."
- Submit a .doc or .docx file that includes instructions from your instructor in addition to your rough draft. Make sure to copy/paste the instructions into your draft before submitting. This way, our tutors can see what the assignment is. If you have never submitted to turn it in, watch a video located in the module on how to do it.
- When the tutor is finished making comments, they will send you a message via Canvas.
Checking Tutor Feedback in the Language Hub Online
- To check your feedback, go back to The Language Hub Online course in Canvas.
- Click on "modules"
- Click on the dropbox that says "students submit paper here."
- Click on the title of your paper to open your paper in turn it in.
- From there, you can scroll over the bubbles to read your tutor’s comments. You may
also wish to click "view in old feedback studio" and make sure "grademark" is selected
in the top left-hand corner.
Option 3: Meet with a tutor virtually in the “Writing Virtual Tutoring” Canvas course
Monday - Thursday 12 - 5 pm & Friday 8 am - Noon
Please make an appointment in advance or do drop-in tutoring. Meetings for drop in tutoring are not guaranteed. If you do not schedule in advance, you may need to wait.
Join Canvas Course
Students access MS Teams link through a Canvas Course and can join the course by using this link:
Teams Login Instructions
To access Teams (where virtual tutoring takes place), you need your Microsoft 365 username and password. Login instructions can be found on the Office 365 page:
Join the Session
Once you know your login credentials, scroll down to the tutoring sessions for today's date, and click the link to join the current/active session. You may be asked to wait if someone is already getting help within that virtual meeting.
The tutor may only have their mic on and can turn on the camera if requested. If it is 10 minutes or less until the end of the session time, you may want to refresh and start at the beginning of the next tutor's meeting time.
For example: Monday, August 24, 12 - 1 pm, Professor Egan is the active session link, but it is already 12:50 pm, you may want to refresh at 1 pm and you should see the session link for the next available tutor come up.
You may also request an appointment in advance or email questions about virtual tutoring
to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Language Hub Contact
Language Hub Coordinator
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
7 am – 8 pm
7 am – 5:30 pm
By appointment only
8 am - 8 pm
8 am - 5:30 pm
The State GED testing is held in the TC Annex Building, rooms 182 and 180 (the MC Language Hub). Room 182 is the check-in room, and 180 is the testing room.
Cost to take the 4 subjects is $145
GED testing is offered on Monday and Tuesday from 11:45 until 4:30.
Testers check-in for GED testing in the Language Hub. Testers must wear a face mask.
Join Language Hub Online
- Click "Courses" in the gray toolbar
- Click "All Courses" at the bottom of the list
- Click "Browse More Courses" link on the top-right
- Find the "Language Hub Online" course
- Click "Join this Course" link
- NetTutor (online tutoring)
- College Success Tips
- Tips for Learning Online
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Formatting in MLA/APA/Chicago
- Academic Audience Awareness
- Fundamentals of the Essay
- Revising and Editing
- Creative Writing Tips
- Tutor Tips
- Tips for College Essays
- and a section of resources for instructors
Questions about The Language Hub Online?
Email Stacy Egan, English Faculty Member, at email@example.com
Videos of workshops available on the Language Hub Online Canvas Course include:
- Commas and Sentence Structure
- MLA Formatting
- Research Like a Boss
- Audience Awareness
- Lit Tips (Writing for Literature Courses)
Click on the "Language Hub Online" tab (on this page) for more information about accessing our free online resource page in Canvas.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.