Writing Tutoring Options
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
May 16 - 31
Monday - Thursday: 7 am - 2 pm
June 6 - August 11
Monday - Thursday: 7 am - 3 pm
Virtual Tutoring will not be offered May - August 2022
- No appointments required
- Face masks encouraged
Technology Center Annex Building, Room 182
Wednesday: 8 am - 4 pm
Friday: 8 - 11 am
NOTE: We will not be offering Virtual tutoring May - August.
How to Submit Papers for Language Hub Online Tutoring
- To submit, you must join the Language Hub Online Canvas course by clicking "Courses," "All courses," "Browse more courses," and click "Join this course," when you see Language Hub Online.
- In the first module (Language Hub 2020), see turn it in dropbox labeled "Students submit to a tutor here."
- Submit a .doc or .docx file that includes instructions from your instructor in addition to your rough draft. Make sure to copy/paste the instructions into your draft before submitting. This way, our tutors can see what the assignment is. If you have never submitted to turn it in, watch a video located in the module on how to do it.
- When the tutor is finished making comments, they will send you a message via Canvas.
How to Check Tutor Feedback in Language Hub Online
- To check your feedback, go back to The Language Hub Online course in Canvas.
- Click on "modules"
- Click on the dropbox that says "students submit paper here."
- Click on the title of your paper to open your paper in turn it in.
- From there, you can scroll over the bubbles to read your tutor’s comments. You may also wish to click "view in old feedback studio" and make sure "grademark" is selected in the top left-hand corner.
The GED testing site is moving over to the Testing Center and will no longer be run out of the Language Hub.
Join Language Hub Online
- Click "Courses" in the gray toolbar
- Click "All Courses" at the bottom of the list
- Click "Browse More Courses" link on the top-right
- Find the "Language Hub Online" course
- Click "Join this Course" link
- NetTutor (online tutoring)
- College Success Tips
- Tips for Learning Online
- Grammar and Mechanics
- Formatting in MLA/APA/Chicago
- Academic Audience Awareness
- Fundamentals of the Essay
- Revising and Editing
- Creative Writing Tips
- Tutor Tips
- Tips for College Essays
- and a section of resources for instructors
Questions about The Language Hub Online?
Email Stacy Egan, English Faculty Member, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Tutoring in Language Hub by appointment only
Call (432) 685-4718 to make an appointment
Workshops & More
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.