The Geography/Global Studies program provides students with a foundation of general education and core courses that are enriched with international topics, perspective and focus. This program of study prepares students to successfully pursue their professional and personal endeavors in an increasingly globalized environment.
Courses in the Geography/Global Studies program provide a strong academic foundation for students who intend to transfer to a four-year institution of higher education to continue their education in geography, global studies, international studies, or in related fields such as political science, or intelligence and national security studies.
Area universities that offer a degree in one or more of these fields include: Angelo
State, Baylor, North Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Christian, Texas State, Texas Tech, University
of Houston, University of Texas, UTEP, UTPB, UTSA, and West Texas A&M.
No minimum TSI score is required to enroll in these courses.
Courses count towards general degree requirements and can transfer to a university.
Winter Interim 2023
GEOG 1303 – World Regional Geography
GEOG 1301 – Physical Geography
GEOG 1303 – World Regional Geography
Click links below for details
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
The student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.
If the student's FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
needs to complete the FAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete
the general scholarship application.
How to Apply
- Complete current year FAFSA or TASFA applications
- Register for 6+ credit hours towards a degree or certification
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 or higher each semester
For additional scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships page.
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, your Pathways Advisor can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact your Pathways Advisor for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
Students develop skills applicable to a wide variety of careers, including:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of the institutions and processes that shape the world
- Cross-cultural knowledge and understanding
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving
- Ability to formulate clear and persuasive messages
- Listening, clarifying, questioning and responding skills
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively
- Kelly Cass – Weather Channel On-Air Meteorologist
- Tom Clark – Comedian and Actor
- Kevin Ford – NASA Astronaut; United States Air Force Colonel
- Michael Francis – Marketing VP for Target
- Ban Ki-moon – Secretary General of the United Nations
- John F. Kennedy – United States President
- Michael Jordan – Basketball Player
- Mark Lippert – United States Ambassador to South Korea
- Michael McFaul – United States Ambassador to Russia
- Amy Pascal – Film Producer, Sony Pictures
- Joseph Prueher - United States Ambassador to China
- Bill Richardson – United States Congressman; Governor of New Mexico
- Ron Silver – Film Actor and Producer
- Arlen Specter – United States Senator from Pennsylvania
- Prince William – British Royal Family and heir apparent to the British throne
Visit the course catalog for the most complete and up-to-date information.
Social & Behavioral Sciences and Business
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.