Economics falls within the Business Studies department at Midland College. The courses exist to prepare students for positions in local industries, in their careers in management, and administration positions in all types of organizations in the private, nonprofit, and public sectors.
Midland College offers no certificates or degrees in Economics. ECON 2301 (Macroeconomics)
and ECON 2302 (Microeconomics) should transfer to other State-supported colleges and
universities that offer degrees in Business Administration. They should also be accepted
at institutions offering Baccalaureate degrees in Economics or with Economics emphasis.
Be sure to verify transferability with the receiving institution.
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
The student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid to access the Financial Aid Portal and apply for scholarships.
If the student's FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
needs to complete the FAFSA application, and once processed, will have access to complete
the general scholarship application.
How to Apply
- Go to our Financial Aid Portal, by clicking this link: Financial Aid Portal
- Log in using your SSN and Password. If this is your first time, click the "First Time User" link under the Submit button in the "Log In" box.
- Click the menu button at the top left-hand corner.
- Select the Scholarship Application.
For additional scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships page.
Midland College has articulation agreements with a variety of schools and programs to assist our students with transferring to a university. Our curriculum maps, located in the catalog, provide a guided path for general transfer to our top five receiving institutions; however, your Pathways Advisor can assist you with a personalized plan for your specific transfer based on university and program. It is strongly recommended and encouraged that you contact your Pathways Advisor for assistance with course selection if you plan to transfer.
- Insurance Underwriter
- Financial Management
- Budget Analyst
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Examiner
- Medical and Health Services Managers
- Management Analysts
- Ronald Reagan, 40th President of the United States (Eureka College)
- Gerald Ford, 38th President of the United States (University of Michigan)
- Warren Buffet, investor/philanthropist (Columbia University)
OTHER PUBLIC FIGURES
- Elon Musk, entrepreneur (Wharton School of Business)
- Sam Walton, founder of Walmart and Sams Club (University of Missouri)
Visit the course catalog for the most complete and up-to-date information.
Dr. Omar Belazi
Social & Behavioral Sciences and Business
F. Marie Hall Academic Building
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.