New Students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Graduated in the top 20% of your high school class
- TSI complete
- Had a combined score of 1050 or higher on the SAT (with a minimum of 500 on each part of the exam)
- Scored 1575 on the Revised SAT writing section (minimum of 500 on each)
- Had a composite score of 23 on the ACT (with a minimum of 19 on either Math or English)
- Have a GPA of 3.2 or higher on 12 or more semester hours of college work
- Member of Phi Theta Kappa
- A contract is required between you and your instructor detailing your Honors project. The project should be designed to take you beyond the normal requirements for the course. The Honors Program attempts to offer Honors credit in a number of disciplines – from Welding to Information Systems and from Math to Sociology. The program is only limited by you, your instructor, and your field of interest.
- Receive practical, real world instruction in your chosen subject outside of the classroom environment
- Transfer to an Honors Program at a Four-Year College or University
- Opportunity to work one-on-one with your instructor
- “Honor Graduate” always looks good on a resume or transcript and is possible with 12 semester hours of Honors credit
- If you choose to complete four courses for honors credit, including HUMA 1301 or HUMA 1302, you will be recognized at graduation, receive Midland College Scholar designation on your diploma, and receive an Honors Medal to wear at graduation. Other students in the program, but with fewer credits will receive “Honors” designation on their transcripts
Phi Theta Kappa
Phi Theta Kappa is the world's largest and most prestigious honor society for two-year college students. It is headquartered in Jackson, Mississippi and has more than 2-million members in more than 1,250 chapters
Mu Alpha Theta
Mu Alpha Theta is a National Two-Year College Mathematics Honor Society dedicated to developing strong scholarship of and promoting enjoyment in mathematics. Contact Mrs. Sarah Hildebrand at email@example.com, or Mrs. Jamie Kneisley at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.