Texas Funding Eligibility
Texas provides opportunities for students to receive additional monies.
- Be a Texas Resident
- Be a US Citizen, eligible noncitizen or be certified as HB 1403 eligible
- Show financial need
- Have a high school diploma, final high school transcript with a graduation date or GED
- Be registered with the Selective Service (males 18-25 years of age) or provide documentation of exemption
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan
- Be enrolled in at least 6 hour
Eligibility and application for specific sources of state financial aid information can be found below.
Contact the Financial Aid Office
Programs & Applications
Click links below for details
This state grant has limited funding and is awarded on first-come, first-served basis to eligible students. Students interested in this grant must complete the FAFSA.
The TEOG is a need-based grant for students enrolled in a two-year Texas public college.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR TEOG
- Not have attempted more than 30 semester credit hours (excluding credits for dual enrollment or by examination)
- Not have earned an associate or baccalaureate degree
- Not have been convicted of a felony or crime involving a controlled substance
To continue receiving a TEOG award, an eligible student must:
- Meet all eligibility requirements. (Exception: Student may have attempted more than 30 semester credit hours.)
- Meet yearly academic program requirements
For more information visit:
Students that are classified as a Texas Resident who cannot apply for federal financial aid using the free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are encouraged to complete the TASFA.
- Proof of registration with Selective Service (males only)
- Submit the TASFA directly to Midland with supporting income documentation (copy of your income tax transcript(s) for the requested year/tax return)
- Texas Resident
- Show financial need
- Have lived in Texas for 36 months prior to high school graduation
TASFA Application Deadline
Fall – July 1
Spring – November 15
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.