Website Privacy InformationPrivacy Statement for Midland College Websites
At Midland College we respect your privacy. The following discloses information gathering and dissemination practices for Midland College’s websites.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site by identifying (1) which parts of our site are most heavily used, and (2) which portion of our audience comes from within the Midland College network. We do not link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable. This information is not reported or used in any manner that would reveal personally identifiable information and will not be released to any outside parties unless legally required to do so in connection with law enforcement investigations or other legal proceedings, including application of the Texas Public Information Act. This means that user sessions will be tracked, but the users will remain anonymous.
Use of Information
The Midland College staff may use the information gathered above to tailor site content to user needs, and to generate statistical reports. At no time do we disclose site usage by individual IP addresses. Web server logs are retained on a temporary basis and then deleted completely from our systems.
If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personally identifying information, or fill out a form that emails us this information, we will only use the personally-identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends. We may redirect your message to another person who is in a better position to answer your question.
Our web sites contain links to other sites. Midland College is not responsible for content or privacy policies on those sites.
Midland College websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control.
Midland College recognizes how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the interest-based ads you receive and how we use your data.
Opting-out of this type of advertising will not prevent you from seeing ads, rather those ads will likely be less relevant. This is because they will not be tailored to your specific interests but will instead be based on the context of the Digital Property in which they are.
How you can control how we use your data
- Web browser: You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided or by clicking here. Please note that this “opt-out” function is browser-specific and relies on an “opt-out cookie”. This means if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt-out again.
- Cross Device Opt-Out: In some cases, we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in certain conditions, there may be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out: To opt-out of receiving interest-based ads that are based on your behavior across
different mobile applications, please follow instructions for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting; and
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
Contacting Midland College
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can contact:
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, TX 79705
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.