Summer Intern Housing
What You Need to Know
Housing is offered May 18 to August 3, 2019
- We do not allow move-in to the residence halls prior to May 18 for summer interns
- Interns are not required to stay the entire time
- As long as your dates fit within our scheduled time frame, we will pro-rate the amount.
All residents are required to provide a receipt of FULL payment to the front desk of the residence hall at check-in time. Please plan accordingly with the summer hours at Midland College.
The summer hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. The cashier’s office can be reached at (432) 685-4531.
FULL PAYMENT must be received prior to move in.
All residents, including summer interns are expected to check-out properly as advised by the residence hall manager. Anyone who does not follow proper check-out procedures will be fined according to the housing rules and regulations, and Midland College reserves the right to any paid housing fees that might be refunded, depending on the time of move-out based on the records of your proper check-out. It may be based upon damages and other items that are assessed upon move-out.
For the Room:
- Alarm clock
- Blanket, quilt, or comforter
- Light cleaning products
- Iron and ironing board
- Personal electronics
- Pillows and linens
For the Bathroom:
- Bathroom floor mats
- Personal care products (hair dryer, curling iron, hot rollers, etc.)
- Towels and wash cloths
- Toilette tissue
For the Laundry:
- Laundry basket or bag
- Detergent, bleach, softener, etc.
- Rolls of quarters for the washers (75¢) and dryers (75¢)
Miscellaneous Items to Consider Bringing:
- Can opener
- Percolator, coffee maker (no open coffee pot warmer)
- Refrigerator (not full size)
- Surge protectors
- Two-slice toaster
Due to Fire Laws, These Items Are Not Allowed:
- Candles (not even if they are for decoration)
- Cappuccino makers
- Coffee makers with open coffee pot warmer
- Coffee pots
- Crock Pots
- Cup warmers
- Electric Skillets
- Extension cords
- Halogen Light Fixtures
- Hot plates/Hot pots
- Incense/Potpourri burners (either with candle or electric plug)
- Popcorn poppers (unless made for microwave)
- Portable burners (w/coil heating element or gas)
- Soldering irons
- Toaster ovens
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.