Student Life Student Clubs and Groups Student Government Association
Midland College's Student Government Association provides numerous leadership opportunities. The association organizes and assists with extracurricular activities including homecoming, speakers, mixers, fund raising, and community service. MCSGA is a member of the Texas Junior College Student Government Association.
2014-2015 MCSGA Executive Board
President: Daniel Aldana
Vice President: Lisa Ramos
Parliamentarian: Matthew Scoggins
Secretary: Heidi Taylor
Student Government has several committees in which students can get involved.
Contact the Executive Board for more information by emailing email@example.com.
- This committee is responsible for educating the college community on a variety of issues through speakers, programs, and other activities as needed. Past committees have addressed topics such as AIDS awareness, date rape, drug and alcohol abuse, and multicultural concerns.
- This committee is responsible for making sure that the Midland College SGA is involved in activities that make a contribution to the community. It coordinates relations between community organizations for service projects and determines the arrangements to benefit both groups.
Programs & Entertainment
- This committee plans the activities that provide fun and entertaining activities for Midland College students. Dances, open-mic nights, movie nights, picnics, and any other activities to entertain the college community fall under this committee.
- This committee makes sure that information about MCSGA and the activities it plans reaches the college community. Advertising these events in many different ways is critical to letting the student body know about the activities.
- This committee is chaired by the Parliamentarian, has three members, and has the following duties:
- Consider and draft amendments to the MCSGA Constitution, By-Laws, and Election Code.
- Rule by request upon Constitutionality of proposed legislation.
- Hear and decide upon impeachment appeals.
- Hear and decide upon traffic violation appeals.
- Students wishing to appeal a parking citation may stop by the Student Life Office in the Scharbauer Student Center for more information. You will need to complete the Parking Citation Appeal Form, which has more information about the process and reasons why the Judicial Committee will not accept your appeal form. Return the form to the Student Life Offices.
Midland College Student Government Association
For more information, contact:
Stephanie VanCuren, Student Activities Coordinator
(432) 685-4543 • firstname.lastname@example.org