Financial Aid • Home
What is financial aid?
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. This financial assistance covers educational expenses including tuition, fees, books and supplies. There are several types of financial aid that may be combined into your financial aid package.
To receive financial aid, you must complete Midland College's 4-step process:
- Complete a FAFSA (MC school code is 009797)
- If requested, provide any additional documentation
- Apply for Midland College Scholarships
- Check your Campus Connect to review your aid package
- Veterans Benefits
- Student Loans
- Work Study
- Exemptions, Waivers and Prepaid Tuition Plans
Any amount of money remaining after your tuition, fees, books, and room & board charges (if applicable) have been paid, will be disbursed to you in what is called a residual. There are three different ways you can receive your residual.
- You can designate a direct deposit account on your Campus Connect and the money will automatically go into that account
- You can get a Chap Card at Enrollment Services that acts as both your Student ID and a debit card
- If neither of the first two options are feasible, you may receive your refund in a paper check. Please be aware that additional information may be required and there may be delays if the check has to be mailed.
The earlier you apply for all types of financial aid, the better. Please be aware that if you do not complete your FAFSA and turn in all required documentation by the dates listed below, you may not receive your funds in time to pay for your classes. Midland College's priority dates to complete the FAFSA are as follows:
- Fall 2016 - June 1st (Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA)
- Spring 2017 - October 1st (Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA)
- Summer 2017 - February 1st (Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA)
Fall 2016 - September 27, 2016
Spring 2017 - February 14, 2017
Summer I 2017 - June 23, 2017
Summer II 2017 - August 2, 2017
2016-2017 Book Voucher Dates
Fall 2016 - August 22, 2016 - September 2, 2016
Spring 2017 - January 9, 2017 - January 20, 2017
Summer I 2017 - May 30, 2017 - June 6, 2017
Summer II 2017 - July 6, 2017 - July 18, 2017
FAFSA Assistance/Workshops - Financial Aid staff will be available to help students and parents set up FSA User IDs and fill out the FAFSA. We will be holding FAFSA Workshops every Tuesday evening in the month of September from 5:00 - 7:00 pm and every Thursday afternoon from 2:30 - 4:00 pm. You can schedule an appointment by emailing the Welcome Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
for information on
state and federal
financial aid resources.