Financial Aid • Home
CLICK HERE to register for a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) Assistance Session at MC
• Thursday, December 1, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, December 6, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
• Thursday, December 8, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, December 13, 5:00-6:30 p.m.
• Thursday, December 15, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
Welcome Center, Scharbauer Student Center, MC main campus
Important Changes to the Free Application for Federal Aid (FASFA) Process
Beginning October 1, 2016, the 2017-2018 FAFSA will be available. Students will be able to complete their FAFSA using 2015 income tax information.
What does this mean for you?
By completing the FAFSA early, students may be eligible for additional federal and state grants. They may also avoid any possible delays of their funding for the upcoming academic year.
When will I be notified of my awards for 2017-2018 academic year?
Students will be notified via email and/or postal service once the FAFSA has been processed.
*All FAFSA's are processed in the order they are received.
**Due to a software update, the Midland College Financial Aid Office will not be able to process any FAFSA's until the end of April 2017.
What if I made less money in 2016 than in 2015?
If there is a substantial change in income for 2016, please visit the Financial Aid Office, located in the Student Scharbaur Center, for further instructions.
Financial Aid staff will be available to help students and parents set up FSA User IDs and fill out the FAFSA. We offer FAFSA assistance every Tuesday evening from 5:00 - 7:00 pm and every Thursday afternoon from 2:30 - 4:00 pm until Winter Break. Schedule an appointment by emailing the Welcome Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
What is financial aid?
Financial aid helps students and their families pay for college. This financial assistance covers educational expenses including tuition, fees, books, and supplies. There are several types of financial aid that may be combined into your financial aid package.
To receive financial aid, you must complete Midland College's 4-step process:
- Complete a FAFSA application (MC school code is 009797)
- If requested, provide any additional documentation
- Apply for Midland College Scholarships
- Check your Campus Connect to review your aid package
- Veterans Benefits
- Student Loans
- Work Study
- Exemptions, Waivers, and Prepaid Tuition Plans
Any amount of money remaining after your tuition, fees, books, and room & board charges (if applicable) have been paid, will be disbursed to you in what is called a residual. There are three different ways you can receive your residual.
- You can designate a direct deposit account on your Campus Connect and the money will automatically go into that account
- You can get a Chap Card at Enrollment Services that acts as both your Student ID and a debit card
- If neither of the first two options are feasible, you may receive your refund in a paper check. Please be aware that additional information may be required and there may be delays if the check has to be mailed.
*Please note that most of our general scholarships will pay for tuition, fees and books only. Any money that is not used will be returned to the scholarship fund to be used by other students.
The earlier you apply for all types of financial aid, the better. Please be aware that if you do not complete your FAFSA and turn in all required documentation by the dates listed below, you may not receive your funds in time to pay for your classes. Midland College's priority dates to complete the FAFSA are as follows:
- Fall 2016 - June 1st (Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA)
- Spring 2017 - October 1st (Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA)
- Summer 2017 - February 1st (Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA)
Fall 2016 - September 27, 2016
Spring 2017 - February 14, 2017
Summer I 2017 - June 23, 2017
Summer II 2017 - August 2, 2017
2016-2017 Book Voucher Dates
Fall 2016 - August 22, 2016 - September 2, 2016
Spring 2017 - January 9, 2017 - January 20, 2017
Summer I 2017 - May 30, 2017 - June 6, 2017
Summer II 2017 - July 6, 2017 - July 18, 2017
for information on
state and federal
financial aid resources.