Student Life Student Clubs and Groups Education Society
TEACHER EDUCATION at COMMUNITY COLLEGES
The Education Society
The purpose for the Education Society at Midland College is to enhance the classroom experience for the professional educator. The free membership in this organization allows students to interact with professionals in the field as well as get additional hands-on experience.
Some examples of past programs include:
• Hands-on experience as a visually-impaired student
• Interviewing a school principal • Lecture by an ISD human resources executive
• Mentoring projects with freshman students
• “Ask the Counselor” Questions
• What are “high needs fields”?
Projects for the Organization
• Success Together honoring public school campuses that have made a difference;
• Honoring MC instructors who demonstrate good teaching philosophy.
To join the organization, you simply need to come by the Director’s office located in MHAB 168 and sign up, get a calendar of meetings, and participate!
Room 168, Marie Hall Academic Building