General Information • Bacterial Meningitis


All incoming Texas college students under the age of 22 must show documentation of vaccination or booster against bacterial meningitis before they can register for classes. Vaccination proof must be less than 5 years old and must be administered at least 10 days before the first day of class.

Acceptable documentation:

  • A form with the signature or stamp of a physician or his/her designee, or public health personnel which shows the month, day and year the vaccination dose or booster was administered and the shot that was administered (Menactra, MCV4 are the most common); or
  • An official immunization record generated from a state or local health authority; or
  • An official record received from school officials, including a record from another state.


  • Students who present a “doctor’s note” signed by licensed physicians stating that the vaccination would be injurious to the health of the students;
  • Students who present conscientious exemption form which is available at:

(Stating the students decline the vaccination for reasons of conscience, including religious belief)

  • Students living on campus must use the conscientious exemption form from the Texas Department of State Health Services. Allow several weeks to submit and have form approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services. (Stating the students decline the vaccination for reasons of conscience, including religious belief)
  • Web only students may enroll on Campus Connect without removing the hold.


Students enrolled in certain health-related occupations may be required to show proof of other immunizations against communicable diseases. Students should contact the division dean or director of the appropriate program.

To protect students’ privacy, Midland College assigns each student a unique student identification number. New students will receive their Student ID by email once the admissions application has been processed. Returning students can locate their Student ID number on their Student Identification Card, or on a schedule of classes/account statement printout. Students should take note of this number as it will be the number used on all transactions while the student is enrolled at Midland College. Although social security numbers are required for state and federal reports and are still requested on the application for admission, all in-house documents, including class rosters, advisement forms, drop and add requests, student ID cards, etc., will carry the ID number rather than the social security number.