Advising & Counseling Services
Introducing a Study Skills Videos Page
Advising & Counseling Services at Midland College has put together a list of workshop videos to help students improve their study habits and skills.
The Advising Department provides a variety of service for students, faculty, and staff of Midland College. The primary goal of the Advising Department is to assist students in the pursuit of their educational and career goals through academic advising, disability services, academic testing and referrals.
• Assist students to meet their educational goals
• Assist students to meet their career goals
• Teach students how to interpret their placement scores
• Teach students to be self-sufficient with their academic goals
• Teach students how to complete a degree plan
• Teach students how to transfer to an college/university
• Teach students how to schedule courses
• Teach students drop/withdrawal procedurals
For students who need assistance with advising, or enrolling in a course that has a prerequisite.
Facilitating full participation of students with disabilities.
Academic Advisors (click name to email)
Courtney Fairchild - Advising
Shep Grinnan - International Admissions
Stephanie Shelton - Advising
Tiffany Strawn - Advising
Fine Arts and Communications
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Math & Natural Science
Adult and Developmental Education
The goal of Midland College Counseling staff is to help students make important educational and career decisions to get the most out of their education and achieve personal, educational and career goals.
• Academic advising
• Career interest assessment
• Personal and supportive counseling
• Referral and crisis intervention
Have a Question?
Advising/Counseling Office e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who need assistance enrolling in a course(s) which have a pre-requisite should CLICK HERE and complete this request form. Midland College's on-line registration system, Campus Connect, checks a student's record to determine if the pre-requisite of the course has been met. If a transcript evaluation has not been completed at time of registration, the student will not be allowed to enroll in the course which has a pre-requisite(s).