Work StudyCareer & Transfer Center
Federal Work Study Eligibility
Federal Work Study jobs are available in different departments on campus. A student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), qualify for Federal Work Study, and be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours in order to apply. Work Study jobs are only available in the fall and spring semester of each school year.
The Office of Financial Aid will send eligible students an award letter stating the amount of Work-Study granted to the student, or students may view their Federal Work Study award in their financial aid portal. Work Study enables students to work on campus approximately 15 hours a week, depending on their award amount, at $9.20 per hour.
Limited positions are available and an interview does not guarantee employment. A potential employee must agree to a background check, which will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
Applying for a Work Study Position
- Interested students need to check their financial aid portal or financial aid award
letter to make sure they have a Federal Work Study award before proceeding.
- Eligible students are required to upload their Financial Aid Award Letter and a copy
of their school schedule as part of the application.
- Check out the open positions and apply by clicking the link below.
Work Study Available Positions & Application
Get the Job Started!
- Students selected as a candidate for a position will be contacted by the Human Resources
(HR) department to grant permission for a background check. The background check is
used to determine eligibility for employment.
- Once the hiring department receives approval from HR to proceed with the hire, students
will be contacted to sign a Personnel Status Form (PSF) and provide other required
documents in the HR office, located in the Pevehouse Administration Building (PAD).
- Students may not begin work until all paperwork is complete and the HR Office issues a form of completion (blue slip). The blue slip should be taken to the Work Study supervisor on the first day of work.
Career & Transfer Center
Contact us to schedule an appointment!
MC Main Campus