Submissions accepted January 1 to April 1
The Slough Scholarship awards up to $5,000 per year ($2,500 per fall and spring semesters) until one of the following criteria are met: total of 5 years in higher education, the completion of a Bachelor's Degree, or a total accumulation of 136 semester hours. Smaller amounts may be awarded on a one-time basis with no guarantee of future awards.
All applications are submitted online. Click the link below to start application.
Application not currently available.
Documents required to upload with application:
- FAFSA SAR (Student Aid Report- 1st page only)
- Unofficial High School Transcript (l00 point scale, for High School applicants)
- Unofficial College Transcript(s), if any (includes dual credits)
- SAT/ACT Report
If not able to upload all documents within application, please mail to:
The Charles, Lela, and Mary Slough Foundation Scholarship
3600 N. Garfield
Midland, TX 79705
All application materials must be submitted by April 1 for the next academic year.
Changes to applications are not allowed after submission. Only one application per year is permitted.
The decisions of the Scholarship Committee are final. Selected Slough recipients will be notified by August 1.
- U.S. Citizen
- Texas Resident
- Graduate of a Texas High School
- Must not have exceeded more than 112 semester college credit hours (including dual credit hours)
The following requirements are set forth by the Foundation and therefore, exceptions are not allowed:
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA per semester
- Enrollment in 12 or more hours for both Fall and Spring
- Continuous enrollment in consecutive semesters
- Submission of official transcripts at the end of each semester
- Completion of less than 112 hours going into final year of eligibility
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.