Facebook Pixel Code Veteran Renewal Enrollment Process

Veteran Renewal Enrollment Process


Students who have previously submitted their required documents and want to continue to use Federal or State educational benefits, need to register, contact VA Coordinator, and fill out the appropriate paperwork each term.

Once the student is enrolled and the paperwork has been completed, a VA hold will be placed on the student. This hold prevents the student from adding or dropping classes without first contacting the VA Coordinator.

Register for Classes

  • Make an appointment to meet with your Academic Advisor.

  • Check that your classes are on your degree plan to ensure certification.

  • Retaking classes already taken (and passed) cannot be certified with VA.

Contact Midland College (MC) VA Coordinator

  • Come to Scharbauer Student Center, Room 131 to complete paperwork, or

  • Email mcvet@midland.edu to request paperwork

MC Certification Request is required each term for:

  • Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill – Selected Reserve)

  • Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill)

  • Chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation)

  • Chapter 35 (Dependents Educational Assistance)

VA Certification Request (pdf)

MC Certification Request and Veteran Payment Agreement is required each term for:

Chapter 33 (Post 9/11 GI Bill)

Submit Paperwork

Once enrolled in classes, students need to submit the following paperwork to MC. The VA Coordinator does not know when you enrolled in classes. Students eligible for the Hazlewood exemption must complete the following paperwork each term:

  • Continuation of Enrollment Application

    May be submitted for subsequent terms within the academic year once the Hazlewood Application has been submitted.

Continuation Application (pdf)


  • Proof of Hours Used

    Printout from the Texas Veterans Commission website showing the number of hours used. A Legacy Act student using their parent’s hazlewood benefits needs to submit a printout for both the veteran and the student.

Hazlewood Database for Veterans and Students

Apply to MC Now

Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.

How to Apply