Joining Our Program
- Potential LVN students are required to apply to the program:
Vocational Nursing Program Application Packet (pdf)
- Admission is limited and based on a point system
- Select the tabs to view requirements and admission point opportunities
- Completed applications are due your location's contact (listed above) by July 7th
at 5 pm, or the next college business day.
Apply for Scholarships
To apply for any MC Scholarship through AcademicWorks:
1. APPLY at https://midland.academicworks.com
2. Confirm the link sent to your email and complete application
3. Check your MC student email for notifications of award
4. Accept award & write your electronic thank you letter to the donor
*Already receiving a scholarship? Don't forget to update your application each semester! You will receive an email when it is time to do so.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Satisfy all areas of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Pass the background check process with the Texas Board of Nursing
- Get the immunizations listed in the LVN nursing application packet
- Students born and educated through high school outside the United States must pass the ACCUPLACER with a 90% or greater on the Listening section
- VNSG 1302 or a program chair approved substitute (within the last five years)
- HPRS 1106 (within the last two years)
- EDUC 1100
- PREP 0370
- Current Certifications as a Certified Nurse Aide
- Emergency Medical Technician or medical-related training in a branch of the United States armed forces
- Set curriculum and course sequence - Curriculum Map
- This program is one year (12 months)
- Satisfactory completion of the program qualifies the individual to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN); which allows the individual to become licensed to practice as a vocational nurse
- Graduation Requirements
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Vocational Nursing Faculty
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.