Joining Our Program
- Potential LVN students are required to apply to the program:
Vocational Nursing Program Application Packet (pdf)
- Admission is limited and based on a point system
- Select the tabs to view requirements and admission point opportunities
- Completed applications are due your location's contact (listed above) by July 7th
at 5 pm, or the next college business day.
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
How to Apply
- Login to My MC Portal
- Click the Students tab
- Click the "Financial Aid Portal" link
- Under Log In, provide your Social Security Number and password. If you do not have a password, click the "First Time User" link at the bottom-right and follow prompts.
For additional general scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships
Missing the "Financial Aid Portal" link?
To have access to the Financial Aid portal and apply for scholarships, the student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid.
If the students FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
must fill out the FAFSA application first and once processed, will be able to complete
the general scholarship application.
The following must be complete before applying:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Satisfy all areas of the Texas Success Initiative (TSI)
- Pass the background check process with the Texas Board of Nursing
- Get the immunizations listed in the LVN nursing application packet
- Students born and educated outside the U.S must take the TOEFL and pass with 79% or higher.
Completed Coursework (C or better):
- VNSG 1320 or a program chair-approved substitute (within the last five years)
- HPRS 1106 (within the last two years)
- EDUC 1100
- PREP 0370
- BIOL 2401 & BIOL 2402 (within last five years)
- BIOL 2404 (within last five years)
- Current Certifications as a Certified Nurse Aide
- Emergency Medical Technician or medical-related training in a branch of the United States armed forces
- Previous college degree
- Set curriculum and course sequence - Curriculum Map
- This program is one year (12 months)
- Satisfactory completion of the program qualifies the individual to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing (NCLEX-PN); which allows the individual to become licensed to practice as a vocational nurse
- Graduation Requirements
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.