Emergency Medical Services
Emergency medical technician (EMT) Requirements
- Apply to Midland College
- Complete the Health Sciences APPLICATION AND BACKGROUND CHECK RELEASE
And return to:
Health Sciences Division
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Urine drug screening (as scheduled after classes begin)
Criminal background clearance
Health insurance coverage
- EMT Requirements, plus:
- Certified EMT and completed BIOL 2404 and HPRS 1106
- TSI Complete
Final admittance decisions made approximately 30 days prior to the first day of class.
Influenza vaccine, current season
Mumps-Measles-Rubella (MMR, 2 doses)
Hepatitis B (3 doses)
Varicella (Chicken Pox) - 2 doses or verification of disease
Tetanus Diphtheria Pertussis (Tdap) - 1 dose within the last 10 years
Paperwork should be submitted with the Health Sciences application.
Apply for General Scholarships through the Financial Aid Portal
How to Apply
- Login to your My MC Portal
- Click the Students tab
- Click the "Financial Aid Portal" link
- Under Log In, provide your Social Security Number and password. If you do not have a password, click the "First Time User" link at the bottom-right and follow prompts.
For additional general scholarship details and deadlines, visit the General Scholarships
Missing the "Financial Aid Portal" link?
To have access to the Financial Aid portal and apply for scholarships, the student's FAFSA application must be on file with MC Financial Aid.
If the students FAFSA application is not on file with MC Financial Aid, the student
must fill out the FAFSA application first and once processed, will be able to complete
the general scholarship application.
- Once accepted, students need to register for the classroom and clinical courses and
purchase books, supplies, and required uniform.
- A drug test is required. Procedure instructions will be in class.
- There is an online component to the course work, but it is a face-to-face course.
- EMT class meets on Tuesday & Thursday evenings from 6 - 10 pm.
Paramedic class meets on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 8:30 am - 3:30 pm.
- Clinical scheduling will be announced and involves some nights and weekends.
- Attendance requirements are strictly enforced.
Why EMS at MC?
PLEASE NOTE: Completion of Midland College degrees and/or certificates does not guarantee eligibility to take a certification/registry/licensure examination. The eligibility of each person is determined on an individual basis by the regulatory body of the specific discipline. If you have a conviction of a crime other than a minor traffic violation, physical or mental disability/illness, hospitalization/treatment for chemical dependency within the past five years, current intemperate use of drugs or alcohol or a previous denial of a licensure or action by a licensing authority, you will need to contact the specific regulatory body for an individual ruling. Some programs require a criminal background check and urine and drug screen.
Licensing body for this program
To request a review of the impact of criminal history on your potential Paramedic License prior to or during your quest for a degree, visit the department's website and request a Criminal History Evaluation.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.