Petroleum Energy Technician
To apply for any MC Scholarship through AcademicWorks:
1. APPLY at https://midland.academicworks.com
2. Confirm the link sent to your email and complete application
3. Check your MC student email for notifications of award
4. Accept award & write your electronic thank you letter to the donor
*Already receiving a scholarship? Don't forget to update your application each semester! You will receive an email when it is time to do so.
With a certificate from Midland College’s Petroleum Energy Technology program, students will be prepared for entry level positions as lease operators, lease managers, and general field service technicians within the oil and gas industry. Other career paths may require students to perform different functions as members of an oil and gas production team.
The Energy Technician Certificate and the Petroleum Energy Technician Certificate coursework focus' on highly specialized technical classes. Safety practices and training are an important part of the program. Communication, leadership, and teamwork concepts are fundamental to the hands-on laboratory experiences which are incorporated.
- Geophysical Data Technicians
- Geological Sample Test Technicians
- Frac Technician
- Wellhead Service Technician
- Oil Measurement Technician
- Wireline Technician
- Gas Plant Operator
- Production Technician
- Well Performance Specialist
- Lab Technician
- I & E Technician
- Automation Technician
- Geotech Field Technician
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.