Early College High School (ECHS)
Applying to ECHS@MC
- You must be in the eighth grade to apply
- Pick up an application from your junior high counselor
- Both student and parent must complete the application
- Return the application to your counselor before the deadline
- All students will be interviewed
- A lottery system is used to select students
- Students & parents sign the ECHS@MC Commitment Letter
Frequently asked Questions
Where is ECHS@MC?
The high school is located on the Midland College campus, and all classes are held there.
Do students really attend college classes in the 9th grade and earn an associate’s
degree in high school?
Yes! Starting in the ninth grade, students begin taking a college course along with their high school courses.
What does it cost to attend?
It is free to the students and parents. MISD and MC pay for the program, including all college tuition and textbooks.
How are students selected?
8th grade students apply and are selected based on the Texas Education Agency (TEA) criteria.
Are extra-curricular activities offered?
No competitive athletics or fine arts are offered. We do have organizations and activities such as student government and yearbook.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.