Title IX and Non-Discrimination
Sexual Misconduct is a broad term encompassing all forms of gender-based harassment or discrimination and unwelcome behavior of a sexual nature. The term includes sexual harassment, nonconsensual sexual contact, nonconsensual sexual intercourse, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, stalking, public indecency, interpersonal violence, sexual violence, and any other misconduct based on sex. While sexual orientation and gender identity are not explicitly protected categories under state or federal law, it is the College’s policy not to discriminate in employment, admission, or use of programs, activities, facilities, or services on this basis. Discriminatory behavior is prohibited regardless of the manner in which it is exhibited, whether verbally, in writing, by actions, or electronically displayed or conveyed.
Play it smart and educate yourself on safety. While we do everything we can to help you stay safe, YOU play a big part in your safety too. Here are a few tips:
- It’s safer in numbers, stay with your group wherever you go. If you get separated find a safe place and contact your group.
- Park in well-lit areas anywhere you go.
- Keep aware of your surroundings.
- NEVER accept an open or poured drink from anyone. If you notice that someone is intoxicated do your best to help them get home.
- Always let a trusted friend or friends know your daily schedule and where you will be. Try this app from Apple Store or Google Play: Circle of 6 U (school version)
- Meeting someone new is always fun, however try to err on the side of caution when inviting them to your car or where you live.
- Never be afraid to tell someone you have been hurt or assaulted. We are here to help you.
No person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under, any program or activity sponsored or conducted by Midland College, on any basis prohibited by applicable law, including, but not limited to race, color, national origin, sex, disability, and/or age.
Apply to MC Now
Thank you for choosing Midland College! If you are here to collect a few credits, take courses to transfer, or here to start a new career, we welcome you.